The Career Center at Seton Hall University utilizes the eRecruiting system to post internships, professional positions and part-time jobs. Part -time jobs can help with students’ college expenses; they do not, however, satisfy the University’s criteria for internships. (For information on our internship program, please call The Career Center at (973) 761-9355 or e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org ).
To help insure the interests and promote the benefits of the partnership for all parties involved, Seton Hall University has developed these “Guidelines” outlining the mutual responsibilities between the University and your organization.
- Part-time employers should provide accurate descriptions of duties outlining student responsibilities for part-time positions including:
- Shifts needing coverage
- Supervisor’s name and contact information
- Please note that all part-time positions should be a minimum of six (6) weeks
- The Career Center expects that the Part-Time Job Employer will:
- Provide full disclosure of relevant information
- Ensure a safe environment that provides supervision for the student(s)
- Guarantee that the student is not left alone to maintain operations within the work environment
- Provide feedback to students on their work performance
- Follow non-discriminatory interviewing, hiring and employment practices
- Make certain that alcohol will not be a part of the recruitment process or work environment.
- We do not accept positions that involve:
- construction/home repair
- child care with own transportation as a requirement
- janitorial services
- door-to-door solicitation
*Seton Hall University's Career Center reserves the right to deny an employer access to posting employment opportunities.Login to eRecruiting or create an account »
Please contact Christopher Carbone, Assistant Director, Career & Experiential Education via e-mail at email@example.com or by phone at (973) 761-9355 regarding any issues and/or concerns.