To be considered for admission to this graduate program, applicants must submit a completed application and:
- a minimum of a baccalaureate degree from an accredited institution or WES evaluation (or equivalent);
- all transcripts from all colleges/universities attended;
- minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale on all college/university courses completed prior to admission;
- all ESL applicants to the accelerated 2nd degree program must have taken the TOEFL within the past 5 years unless degreed from a U.S. accredited college or university. Any applicant must achieve a total score of at least 84, along with a minimum reading section score of at least 22, listening score of at least 22, speaking section score of at least 26, and writing section score of at least 24;
- two letters of recommendation, preferably from past professors or employers;
- a personal interview is required.
Students must have completed the following program pre-requisites prior to admission:
- Anatomy and Physiology– 8 credits with lab taken within 5 years of admission with a grade of C+ or higher
- Microbiology– 4 credits with lab taken within 5 years of admission with a grade of C+ or higher
- Organic or Biochemistry – 4 credits with lab taken within 5 years of admission with a grade of C+ or higher
- Ethics(bioethics preferred) – 3 credits
- Statistics – 3 credits
- Developmental Psychology – 3 credits
- Nutrition – 2 credits taken within the last 5 years with a grade of C or higher
Prior to enrollment in clinical courses, accepted students must complete Joint Commission and OSHA requirements for immunization, medical history, liability insurance, criminal background check and competencies including the American Heart Association Certification course for CPR (BLS for Healthcare Professionals).