College of Nursing News Archive
- Professor Receives Highest Honors for Achievements and Contributions to Nursing Profession
May 24, 2018
Nursing Professor Phyllis Shanley Hansell receives the R. Louise McManus Medal for her many achievements and contributions.
- Seton Hall Graduates 1,320 at the Prudential Center
May 21, 2018
Seton Hall University celebrated its 161st baccalaureate commencement; U.S. Treasurer Jovita Carranza delivered the address.
- College of Nursing Alumna To Be Honored At Many Are One
May 15, 2018
Barbara Kiernan, '65 will receive the School and College Service Award at the 32nd annual Many Are One Alumni Awards Gala.
- New Administrators Help Transform College of Nursing
May 08, 2018
Two recently appointed administrators are assisting the College of Nursing reach the next level.
- Nursing Students Learn By Teaching Some Valuable Life Lessons
April 20, 2018
Undergraduate nursing students recently assumed the role of teacher as part of Community Health Perspectives.
- Nursing Alumni Panel Gives Sage Advice To Seniors
April 11, 2018
The College of Nursing recently sponsored their first alumni panel of recent B.S.N. graduates to advise the senior class.
- Celebrating the Catholic Medical Arts
April 05, 2018
The University community and friends are invited to a prayerful celebration of Saint Giuseppe Moscati on April 12 at 5 p.m.
- Nursing Student Left With Nothing Rises To The Challenge
February 14, 2018
Derlyne Gardiner didn’t allow a car accident or a house fire to prevent her from realizing her dream of becoming a nurse.
- The White Coat Ceremony Welcomes New Nursing Students
February 01, 2018
Faculty and administration of the College of Nursing welcomed the next generation of nurses in the annual White Coat Ceremony
- Nursing Alumnus Never Loses The Human Element
January 24, 2018
Anthony Nickele makes it a point to focus his spirit and energy on the person beyond the ailment.
- Research Nurse Study Explores Birth Satisfaction
January 11, 2018
Katherine Hinic conducts first U.S. study focused on birth satisfaction.
- Announcing Induction into Irish Education 100
December 18, 2017
Deirdre Donohue Yates, Phyllis Shanley Hansell, Hugh Dugan and Rev. Brian Needles honored by the Counsel General of Ireland.
- Nurse Inducted as NYAM Fellow
November 29, 2017
Bonnie Sturm, Ed.D., R.N. was recently inducted as a fellow into the prestigious New York Academy of Medicine.
- Fall 2017 Haley Awards Honors Nursing Leaders
October 27, 2017
The 2017 Margaret C. Haley Awards ceremony recognized graduates of the College of Nursing who have made an impact in nursing.
- 2017 Margaret C. Haley Awards
October 06, 2017
Attend the annual Margaret C. Haley Awards for Nursing on Monday, October 23, 2017.
- Geriatric Patients and Dementia Care Research Presented
July 17, 2017
Nursing Professor Judith Lucas presents national findings on geriatric patients and Dementia care at Health Affairs Briefing.
- Newark Health Fair: July 22 - 10 a.m.-3 p.m.
July 11, 2017
The Second Annual Community Health & Wellness Fair takes place on 7/22 with a mission of improving health outcomes and reducing disparities for residents of Newark’s West Ward.
- Nurses Attend UN Commission On Status of Women
June 14, 2017
Two undergraduate nursing students had the privilege of participating in the United Nations 61st Commission on Women.
- Nursing Student Is Interstate Oratorical Champion
May 03, 2017
Nursing student Jonathan Thow was recently crowned the 2017 Interstate Oratorical Association champion. He won the honor through a ten minute persuasive speech, entitled “Four Photos to Save a Life."
- Healthcare Is Their Business
May 02, 2017
Two graduates of the Ph.D. in Nursing program are at the helm of two of New Jersey's most prominent hospitals.
- MSN-HSA Ranked Top Online Degree Program
April 27, 2017
The M.S.N. – H.S.A.program in the College of Nursing ranked among top 20 online degree programs in nursing administration.
- Nursing Students Promote A Healthy Community
April 07, 2017
Seton Hall Nursing students recently visited an elementary school to educate young people about healthy living.
- NCLEX Boot Camp: May 16-19
March 23, 2017
Prepare for the NCLEX exam with this 4-day program that incorporates both content review and test-taking strategies.
- Graduate Programs Make Major Gains in US News Rankings
March 14, 2017
Law, Nursing and Part-Time MBA Programs Lead the Way.
- Professor’s Test Has National Significance For Nurses
February 15, 2017
Mary Ellen Roberts from the College of Nursing was elected as Chair of the AANPCB, effective January 1, 2017.
- College of Nursing Named to Best Online Degree List
November 22, 2016
The College of Nursing has earned the 34th position on the list of Best Online Nurse Practitioner Degrees for 2016.
- A New Chapter For College of Nursing Alumni Association
November 15, 2016
New nursing alumni association will foster personal and professional relationships for its members, faculty and students.
- College of Nursing Receives Estate Gift
November 15, 2016
The College of Nursing gratefully acknowledges a recent gift from the Estate of Barbara Kohaut
- Nursing Professor Is A Change Maker For Elder Care
November 01, 2016
Judith Lucas’s research on the inappropriate use of antipsychotic drugs in dementia care has influenced significant change.
- College of Nursing NCLEX Boot Camp: January 4-6
November 01, 2016
Prepare for the NCLEX exam with this 3-day intensive workshop
- BSN Students Selected For Vet Program
October 06, 2016
Two students were selected to participate in the highly competitive VALOR Program.
- Five Nursing Graduates Turned Co-Workers
October 05, 2016
Five friends take their experiences from the classroom to the hospital together.
- 2016 Haley Awards Recognize Nursing Excellence
October 03, 2016
The Haley Awards honored alumni who have made significant contributions to the nursing profession.
- White Coat Ceremony Is The First Milestone
September 26, 2016
New nursing students don white coats as their first entrance into the healing professions.
- Nursing Student Is A Real Life-Saver
September 07, 2016
Sometimes you're called upon to put what you learn into practice when you least expect it.
- Haley Awards Invite You To Honor Best In Nursing
August 30, 2016
Attend the annual Margaret C. Haley Awards on Monday, September 26th and honor the best in nursing.
- College of Nursing NCLEX Boot Camp
August 03, 2016
Prepare for the NCLEX exam with this four-day intensive workshop.
- Nursing Professor and Student Honored
July 26, 2016
Nursing Professor Linda D’Antonio and Senior BSN student Alyssa Ingravallo recognized for humanitarian work in nursing.
- New Home for School of Medicine
July 13, 2016
Seton Hall and Hackensack Meridian Health have signed a lease agreement for a new health and medical sciences campus.
- Nursing Faculty Recognized For Service To Profession
July 08, 2016
College of Nursing recognizes two faculty members for recent achievements in the nursing profession.
- Nursing Professor to be Director of NJ Board
April 27, 2016
Dorothy Smith Carolina was recently appointed executive director of the NJ Board of Nursing.
- Nursing Students Honored by Career Center
April 13, 2016
Three nursing students will be recognized by the Career Center at the Experiential Awards on May 3, 2016.
- Nursing Alum Honored at National Conference
March 10, 2016
Bob LaPointe ’10, received the C.N.L. Vanguard Award at the recent annual summit in California.
- A Foundation for the Future
December 18, 2015
Dean Foley recently sat down to share her visions and thoughts about the College of Nursing.
- Judy Lothian Recognized for Outstanding Career
December 18, 2015
Judy Lothian Recognized for Outstanding Career
- Italy – Mozzafiato!
December 18, 2015
Professors Kathy Connolly and Colleen Carrington combine intensive NCLEX training with cultural immersion and service during an exciting travel experience to Italy.
- March of Dimes Recognizes Two Nursing Faculty
December 16, 2015
Nursing Faculty Member Wins Nurse of the Year Award from the NJ Chapter of March of Dimes
- Nursing Students Participate in State Meeting
November 24, 2015
Nursing students had the opportunity to network at New Jersey State Nurses Association Board Meeting.
- Seton Hall D.N.P. Project Wins National Award
November 16, 2015
Nursing student's project on alcohol abuse recognized for primary care quality improvement
- White Coat Ceremony Initiates 110 New Nursing Students
October 14, 2015
The ceremony marked the beginning of a new career in nursing for entering students at Seton Hall’s College of Nursing.