College of Nursing News Archive
- Clinical Nurse Leader Wins March of Dimes Award
December 12, 2018
Jenna Mason, M.S.N. '15, was honored with a March of Dimes Rising Star Award for her impressive array of leadership efforts.
- A True-ly Hardworking True Blue Nurse
December 03, 2018
Madelyn Yu M.S.N.'03, was recently honored with the presidential position for the Philippine Nurses Association of America.
- Haley Awards Recognize the Past and Future in Nursing
November 07, 2018
The 2018 Margaret C. Haley Awards honored distinguished graduates from the College of Nursing who made an impact.
- Ensuring the Health Of The Nation
November 05, 2018
Graduate nursing students had the rare opportunity to attend an intimate conversation with four former U.S. Surgeons General.
- IHS Schools Receive Federal Grant to Fight Opioid Use
November 01, 2018
The Interprofessional Health Sciences schools received a medication-assisted training grant related to opioid use disorders.
- Attend The 2018 Margaret C. Haley Awards
October 11, 2018
The College of Nursing and Alumni Relations honor alumni who have made significant contributions to the nursing profession.
- Nurse Practitioner Program Ranked Among Top 50 in Nation
October 03, 2018
The Masters of Science in Nursing – Pediatric Nurse Practitioner program has been ranked among the Best programs for 2018 by OnlineMasters.com.
- Celebration and Blessing of IHS Campus Featured on PBS
September 19, 2018
The celebration of the official opening and blessing the new Interprofessional Health Sciences Campus (IHS) was featured on PBS.
- College of Nursing Walks for Mary's Place By The Sea
September 13, 2018
Seton Hall’s College of Nursing will participate in Mary’s Place by the Sea’s 7th Annual Walkathon on Saturday, September 22.
- Seton Hall to Celebrate Opening of New IHS Campus
September 13, 2018
Seton Hall and Hackensack Meridian Health to mark the open and blessing of the new Interprofessional Health Sciences Campus.
- Nutley Hosts Welcome Day Event for Seton Hall
September 10, 2018
Nutley is hosting "Welcome Day" with free food for Seton Hall's IHS campus on 9/21 from noon-3 p.m. in the park across the street.
- GSA Names Associate Dean of Nursing as Fellow
September 10, 2018
The Gerontological Society of America has named Associate Dean Judith Lucas as a fellow for her work in policy and practice.
- Supporting Tomorrow's Ph.D. in Nursing Leaders
September 05, 2018
Support for Ph.D. candidates is a healthy investment for tomorrow's nurse leaders.
- Associate Dean of Nursing To Be Inducted As Fellow
August 30, 2018
Kathleen Neville, Ph.D., R.N., has been selected for Fellowship in the American Academy of Nursing.
- New IHS Campus Welcomes Nursing Students
August 29, 2018
New and returning nursing students began their first day as part of the brand new health sciences campus.
- Nursing Professor Teaches New M.D.'s Practical Skills
August 22, 2018
Maryanne Barra-Schneider, D.N.P., recently led a workshop for new doctors titled "Internal Medicine Boot Camp 2018."
- Professor Receives Highest Honors for Achievements and Contributions to Nursing Profession
May 24, 2018
Nursing Professor Phyllis Shanley Hansell receives the R. Louise McManus Medal for her many achievements and contributions.
- Seton Hall Graduates 1,320 at the Prudential Center
May 21, 2018
Seton Hall University celebrated its 161st baccalaureate commencement; U.S. Treasurer Jovita Carranza delivered the address.
- College of Nursing Alumna To Be Honored At Many Are One
May 15, 2018
Barbara Kiernan, '65 will receive the School and College Service Award at the 32nd annual Many Are One Alumni Awards Gala.
- New Administrators Help Transform College of Nursing
May 08, 2018
Two recently appointed administrators are assisting the College of Nursing reach the next level.
- Nursing Students Learn By Teaching Some Valuable Life Lessons
April 20, 2018
Undergraduate nursing students recently assumed the role of teacher as part of Community Health Perspectives.
- Nursing Alumni Panel Gives Sage Advice To Seniors
April 11, 2018
The College of Nursing recently sponsored their first alumni panel of recent B.S.N. graduates to advise the senior class.
- Celebrating the Catholic Medical Arts
April 05, 2018
The University community and friends are invited to a prayerful celebration of Saint Giuseppe Moscati on April 12 at 5 p.m.
- Nursing Student Left With Nothing Rises To The Challenge
February 14, 2018
Derlyne Gardiner didn’t allow a car accident or a house fire to prevent her from realizing her dream of becoming a nurse.
- The White Coat Ceremony Welcomes New Nursing Students
February 01, 2018
Faculty and administration of the College of Nursing welcomed the next generation of nurses in the annual White Coat Ceremony
- Nursing Alumnus Never Loses The Human Element
January 24, 2018
Anthony Nickele makes it a point to focus his spirit and energy on the person beyond the ailment.
- Research Nurse Study Explores Birth Satisfaction
January 11, 2018
Katherine Hinic conducts first U.S. study focused on birth satisfaction.
- Announcing Induction into Irish Education 100
December 18, 2017
Deirdre Donohue Yates, Phyllis Shanley Hansell, Hugh Dugan and Rev. Brian Needles honored by the Counsel General of Ireland.
- Nurse Inducted as NYAM Fellow
November 29, 2017
Bonnie Sturm, Ed.D., R.N. was recently inducted as a fellow into the prestigious New York Academy of Medicine.
- Fall 2017 Haley Awards Honors Nursing Leaders
October 27, 2017
The 2017 Margaret C. Haley Awards ceremony recognized graduates of the College of Nursing who have made an impact in nursing.
- 2017 Margaret C. Haley Awards
October 06, 2017
Attend the annual Margaret C. Haley Awards for Nursing on Monday, October 23, 2017.
- Geriatric Patients and Dementia Care Research Presented
July 17, 2017
Nursing Professor Judith Lucas presents national findings on geriatric patients and Dementia care at Health Affairs Briefing.
- Newark Health Fair: July 22 - 10 a.m.-3 p.m.
July 11, 2017
The Second Annual Community Health & Wellness Fair takes place on 7/22 with a mission of improving health outcomes and reducing disparities for residents of Newark’s West Ward.
- Nurses Attend UN Commission On Status of Women
June 14, 2017
Two undergraduate nursing students had the privilege of participating in the United Nations 61st Commission on Women.
- Nursing Student Is Interstate Oratorical Champion
May 03, 2017
Nursing student Jonathan Thow was recently crowned the 2017 Interstate Oratorical Association champion. He won the honor through a ten minute persuasive speech, entitled “Four Photos to Save a Life."
- Healthcare Is Their Business
May 02, 2017
Two graduates of the Ph.D. in Nursing program are at the helm of two of New Jersey's most prominent hospitals.
- MSN-HSA Ranked Top Online Degree Program
April 27, 2017
The M.S.N. – H.S.A.program in the College of Nursing ranked among top 20 online degree programs in nursing administration.
- Nursing Students Promote A Healthy Community
April 07, 2017
Seton Hall Nursing students recently visited an elementary school to educate young people about healthy living.
- NCLEX Boot Camp: May 16-19
March 23, 2017
Prepare for the NCLEX exam with this 4-day program that incorporates both content review and test-taking strategies.
- Graduate Programs Make Major Gains in US News Rankings
March 14, 2017
Law, Nursing and Part-Time MBA Programs Lead the Way.
- Professor’s Test Has National Significance For Nurses
February 15, 2017
Mary Ellen Roberts from the College of Nursing was elected as Chair of the AANPCB, effective January 1, 2017.
- College of Nursing Named to Best Online Degree List
November 22, 2016
The College of Nursing has earned the 34th position on the list of Best Online Nurse Practitioner Degrees for 2016.
- A New Chapter For College of Nursing Alumni Association
November 15, 2016
New nursing alumni association will foster personal and professional relationships for its members, faculty and students.
- College of Nursing Receives Estate Gift
November 15, 2016
The College of Nursing gratefully acknowledges a recent gift from the Estate of Barbara Kohaut
- Nursing Professor Is A Change Maker For Elder Care
November 01, 2016
Judith Lucas’s research on the inappropriate use of antipsychotic drugs in dementia care has influenced significant change.
- College of Nursing NCLEX Boot Camp: January 4-6
November 01, 2016
Prepare for the NCLEX exam with this 3-day intensive workshop
- BSN Students Selected For Vet Program
October 06, 2016
Two students were selected to participate in the highly competitive VALOR Program.
- Five Nursing Graduates Turned Co-Workers
October 05, 2016
Five friends take their experiences from the classroom to the hospital together.
- 2016 Haley Awards Recognize Nursing Excellence
October 03, 2016
The Haley Awards honored alumni who have made significant contributions to the nursing profession.
- White Coat Ceremony Is The First Milestone
September 26, 2016
New nursing students don white coats as their first entrance into the healing professions.