Immaculate Conception Seminary School of Theology began the celebration of its 150th anniversary on April 25, 2010. This milestone offers a unique opportunity to pause and reflect upon the wonderful history of the Seminary in the life of Seton Hall University and in the Archdiocese of Newark. Despite the monumental changes in our culture and society over the last 150 years, the Seminary has remained firm in its founding principles, vision and goals.
Since its inception in 1860, Immaculate Conception Seminary has been guided and protected by the Blessed Virgin Mary in its mission of forming priests for service in the Church. It is in thanksgiving and praise for the countless blessings that have been bestowed upon our beloved institution that the FEAST lecture series was established. The FEAST (Formational Evenings at the School of Theology) lectures will be hosted each Thursday night at the Seminary's Chapel of the Good Shepherd. Given the role of the Blessed Mother in the life of the Seminary, each lecture will have some Marian dimension and component.
These lectures are open to the public. Those who are interested in attending FEAST lectures are invited to join the Seminary community for Evening Prayer in the Chapel of the Good Shepherd from 5:30 to 6 p.m. Those who wish to join the Seminary community for Evening Prayer should note that Evening Prayer concludes a Holy Hour and an Exposition of the Blessed Sacrament. The FEAST lectures will begin at 6:15 p.m. and will be held in the chapel after Evening Prayer. The lectures will last approximately 30 minutes. Note that seating in the chapel is limited and RSVPs for each lecture are required. Those interested in attending the FEAST lectures must contact Kris Hudak at (973) 761-9633 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
FEAST lectures and topics for the fall semester include:
- September 16, 2010 - "Praying the Hail Mary at the Foot of the Cross," by Dianne M. Traflet, J.D., S.T.D.
- September 23, 2010 -"The Marian Bond Between Priestly and Married Chastity," by Eric M. Johnston, Ph.D.
- September 30, 2010 - "Our Lady of Fatima - and the Miracle of the Sun," by Reverend John S. Grimm, J.D., S.T.L.
- October 7, 2010 - "The Rosary - the Circle of Life," by Eric M. Johnston, Ph.D.
- October 14, 2010 - "The Co-Redemptrix," by Gregory Y. Glazov, D.Phil. (Oxon.)
- October 21, 2010 - "The Grace of a Holy Death," by Reverend John S. Grimm, J.D., S.T.L.
- October 28, 2010 - "Mater Dei - The Highest of God's Creatures," by Reverend Pablo T. Gadenz, S.S.L., S.T.D.
- November 11, 2010 - "Mary - the Ark of the New Covenant," by Reverend Pablo T. Gadenz, S.S.L., S.T.D.
- November 18, 2010 - "Christ and Mary: Our King and Queen," by Reverend Mark Francis O'Malley, Hist. Eccl.D.
December 2, 2010 - "The Mother of All Christians," by Reverend Monsignor John A. Radano, Ph.D.
Categories: Faith and Service