School of Health and Medical Sciences News Archive
- Pre-Med Student Panel
April 19, 2018
Three alumni and three undergraduate students shared their interests, experiences, and journeys towards medical school.
- Celebrating the Catholic Medical Arts
April 05, 2018
The University community and friends are invited to a prayerful celebration of Saint Giuseppe Moscati on April 12 at 5 p.m.
- Statistics Anxiety and Idiom Interpretation
March 14, 2018
PhD in Health Sciences degree candidates to defend dissertations on these topics on March 21.
- Pierre-Louis Defends Dissertation on March 13
March 08, 2018
PhD in Health Sciences candidate explores the effects of English proficiency on access, utilization and health status.
- The Future Is Now: Interprofessional Medical Education
February 22, 2018
Interprofessional education is a cornerstone of the curriculum at Seton Hall and Dr. Florian Thomas has already started.
- “AT Day in the Life” Panel on 2/24
February 15, 2018
M.S. in Athletic Training alumnus John Baker & current student Taylor Beam discuss the AT profession and SHU’s MSAT program.
- Ph.D. in Health Sciences Dissertation Defenses
February 09, 2018
The effects of dual-tasking on spatiotemporal parameters of gait in older adults and patient fall-risk in a geriatric psychiatry unit are the topics of the February 19-20 defenses.
- SHMS Receives $1.2 Million DOE Grant to Support Children
February 09, 2018
"Project Write to Learn" brings OT and SLP Scholars into elementary schools to help children with Specific Learning Disabilities (SLD).
- SHMS Partners with Universities in Australia and New Zealand
January 18, 2018
The School of Health and Medical Sciences announces new partnerships with Australian Catholic University and University of Canterbury.
- The Path to Athletic Training
November 20, 2017
Why alumna Mercedes Cunningham, MS'14, ATC, Asst. Athletic Trainer at Boston College, loves her job and is grateful to Seton Hall.
- M.H.A. Alumni Interviews
November 07, 2017
Recent grads talk about their time in the M.H.A. program and how they apply their skills and knowledge in the working world.
- Dissertation Defense
November 02, 2017
Carolyn Serrano defends her dissertation on The Determinants of Behavioral Intent to Adopt the Closed-loop Artificial Pancreas among Healthcare Providers.
- National Academies of Practice Distinguished Fellowship
October 26, 2017
School of Health and Medical Sciences Dean elected to Distinguished Fellowship of the National Academies of Practice in Speech-Language Pathology.
- OT Students Plan Health Fair at JCC MetroWest
October 17, 2017
The event featured interactive stations to address vision, productive aging, fall reduction, balance and technology.
- Ph.D. Dissertation Defense of Maureen Costello
October 11, 2017
Dissertation Defense - Agrammatic Broca's Aphasia: Comparison of Two Treatment Approaches
- Physician Assistant Students Host Leadership Forum
September 20, 2017
"Physician Assistants Leading Global and Local Communities" was the theme of the second annual event.
- Hands-on Learning for SLP Grad Students
August 23, 2017
Parents brought their children to campus as part of an early intervention course in the Dept. of Speech-Language Pathology.
- SHMS Rises to the Challenge
July 21, 2017
Dean Shulman announces: School of Health and Medical Sciences exceeds “Rise to the Challenge” campaign goal, resulting in a $10,000 matching gift.
- OT Students Present at National Conference
July 20, 2017
Three graduate students present research findings at the 100th American Occupational Therapy Association Annual Conference.
- Three Reasons to Get Your MHA Degree at Seton Hall
June 19, 2017
Why a Master of Healthcare Administration degree may be the "next step" for you - or someone you know!
- Medicaid Expansion & Chronic Disease
May 31, 2017
PhD student and professor publish study showing link between Medicaid expansion and reduction in cardiovascular disease.
- Ph.D. Candidates Defend Dissertations
May 24, 2017
Collaborative athletic training, gait adaptation, diagnostics, and horizontal violence in nursing will be discussed.
- A Day of Health & Medical Sciences Research
April 10, 2017
The 28th Annual Dr. George Perez Research Colloquium is Friday, April 28. Poster presentations start at 8 a.m.
- Mind Map as a Teaching and Learning Strategy
March 24, 2017
Genevieve Zipp and Cathy Maher demonstrate how mind mapping can be used to develop critical thinking skills in students.
- Spotlight on Athletic Training
February 16, 2017
Current student Sarah Wright & faculty member Leslie Rippon discuss the athletic training profession and SHU's MSAT program.
- MHA Alumni Healthcare Career Panel
February 16, 2017
Three Master of Healthcare Administration alumni will speak at Graduate Open House on February 25.
- SHMS Faculty Teach NJ Healthcare Execs
February 07, 2017
Seton Hall University selected as the academic partner for the New Jersey Healthcare Executive Leadership Academy.
- MHA’s Dr. Wagner on Affordable Care Act
January 31, 2017
TV news interview with Stephen Wagner, PhD, Master of Healthcare Administration program, about potential repeal.
- Texting Study Named a ‘Best of 2016’ by NPR’s ‘Academic Minute’
January 05, 2017
A recording by Dr. Peter Polos on his teen texting study was named a “Best of 2016” by NPR’s "Academic Minute."
- NFL Commercial Features Athletic Trainers
December 19, 2016
Dr. Hill-Lombardi, Chair, Dept. of Athletic Training, discusses TV commercial about role of athletic trainers in youth sports
- Putting People First
December 07, 2016
Joel Menendez, a Doctor of Physical Therapy student, volunteers to help the homeless on Christmas Eve.
- Thank You, Healthcare Professionals!
November 03, 2016
It's Allied Health Professions Week. Use hashtags #healthprofweek #setonhall to share why you are grateful.