School of Health and Medical Sciences News Archive
- New School of Medicine Holds 'Mini-Med School'
October 19, 2017
The new School of Medicine held a six-week "Mini-Medical School" for high school students interested in medical careers.
- OT Students Plan Health Fair at JCC MetroWest
October 17, 2017
The event featured interactive stations to address vision, productive aging, fall reduction, balance and technology.
- Ph.D. Dissertation Defense of Maureen Costello
October 11, 2017
Dissertation Defense - Agrammatic Broca's Aphasia: Comparison of Two Treatment Approaches
- Physician Assistant Students Host Leadership Forum
September 20, 2017
"Physician Assistants Leading Global and Local Communities" was the theme of the second annual event.
- Hands-on Learning for SLP Grad Students
August 23, 2017
Parents brought their children to campus as part of an early intervention course in the Dept. of Speech-Language Pathology.
- SHMS Rises to the Challenge
July 21, 2017
Dean Shulman announces: School of Health and Medical Sciences exceeds “Rise to the Challenge” campaign goal, resulting in a $10,000 matching gift.
- OT Students Present at National Conference
July 20, 2017
Three graduate students present research findings at the 100th American Occupational Therapy Association Annual Conference.
- Three Reasons to Get Your MHA Degree at Seton Hall
June 19, 2017
Why a Master of Healthcare Administration degree may be the "next step" for you - or someone you know!
- Medicaid Expansion & Chronic Disease
May 31, 2017
PhD student and professor publish study showing link between Medicaid expansion and reduction in cardiovascular disease.
- Ph.D. Candidates Defend Dissertations
May 24, 2017
Collaborative athletic training, gait adaptation, diagnostics, and horizontal violence in nursing will be discussed.
- A Day of Health & Medical Sciences Research
April 10, 2017
The 28th Annual Dr. George Perez Research Colloquium is Friday, April 28. Poster presentations start at 8 a.m.
- Mind Map as a Teaching and Learning Strategy
March 24, 2017
Genevieve Zipp and Cathy Maher demonstrate how mind mapping can be used to develop critical thinking skills in students.
- Spotlight on Athletic Training
February 16, 2017
Current student Sarah Wright & faculty member Leslie Rippon discuss the athletic training profession and SHU's MSAT program.
- MHA Alumni Healthcare Career Panel
February 16, 2017
Three Master of Healthcare Administration alumni will speak at Graduate Open House on February 25.
- SHMS Faculty Teach NJ Healthcare Execs
February 07, 2017
Seton Hall University selected as the academic partner for the New Jersey Healthcare Executive Leadership Academy.
- MHA’s Dr. Wagner on Affordable Care Act
January 31, 2017
TV news interview with Stephen Wagner, PhD, Master of Healthcare Administration program, about potential repeal.
- Texting Study Named a ‘Best of 2016’ by NPR’s ‘Academic Minute’
January 05, 2017
A recording by Dr. Peter Polos on his teen texting study was named a “Best of 2016” by NPR’s "Academic Minute."
- NFL Commercial Features Athletic Trainers
December 19, 2016
Dr. Hill-Lombardi, Chair, Dept. of Athletic Training, discusses TV commercial about role of athletic trainers in youth sports
- Putting People First
December 07, 2016
Joel Menendez, a Doctor of Physical Therapy student, volunteers to help the homeless on Christmas Eve.
- Thank You, Healthcare Professionals!
November 03, 2016
It's Allied Health Professions Week. Use hashtags #healthprofweek #setonhall to share why you are grateful.
- Preparing for a Career in Healthcare
October 25, 2016
Two co-curricular events aim to help SHMS students enhance their knowledge of interprofessional healthcare delivery.
- 2016 Mary Jennings Memorial Fundraiser
September 28, 2016
SHU community comes together to attend SHU Women's Soccer game in honor of former student, Mary Jennings.
- Online M.H.A One of Best in Nation
September 15, 2016
The Center for Online Education recognized Seton Hall for having one of the best online Master of Healthcare programs.
- Pirate's Eye on Clare Byrne ’10/M.S '12
July 27, 2016
Clare Byrne is dedicated to providing treatment to disabled children in Uganda through her organization Imprint Hope.
- New Home for School of Medicine
July 13, 2016
Seton Hall and Hackensack Meridian Health have signed a lease agreement for a new health and medical sciences campus.