School of Health and Medical Sciences News Archive
- Seton Hall to Celebrate Opening of New IHS Campus
September 13, 2018
Seton Hall and Hackensack Meridian Health to mark the open and blessing of the new Interprofessional Health Sciences Campus.
- SLP and PA Grad Students Work Interprofessionally
September 12, 2018
Speech-Language Pathology and Physician Assistant students collaborate perform HEENT and Oral Mechanism Exams.
- Nutley Hosts Welcome Day Event for Seton Hall
September 10, 2018
Nutley is hosting "Welcome Day" with free food for Seton Hall's IHS campus on 9/21 from noon-3 p.m. in the park across the street.
- Dissertation Defense of Jenna Evans
July 19, 2018
Jenna Evans will defend her dissertation on "Reducing Thirty-Day Hospital Readmissions in Drug and Medication Poisoning: An Observational Study" on July 25.
- M.S. in Athletic Training Students Win ATSNJ Contest
May 23, 2018
National Athletic Trainers' Association awards top prize to Seton Hall students for video contest promoting AT profession.
- Seton Hall Graduates 1,320 at the Prudential Center
May 21, 2018
Seton Hall University celebrated its 161st baccalaureate commencement; U.S. Treasurer Jovita Carranza delivered the address.
- Pre-Med Student Panel
April 19, 2018
Three alumni and three undergraduate students shared their interests, experiences, and journeys towards medical school.
- Celebrating the Catholic Medical Arts
April 05, 2018
The University community and friends are invited to a prayerful celebration of Saint Giuseppe Moscati on April 12 at 5 p.m.
- Statistics Anxiety and Idiom Interpretation
March 14, 2018
PhD in Health Sciences degree candidates to defend dissertations on these topics on March 21.
- Pierre-Louis Defends Dissertation on March 13
March 08, 2018
PhD in Health Sciences candidate explores the effects of English proficiency on access, utilization and health status.
- The Future Is Now: Interprofessional Medical Education
February 22, 2018
Interprofessional education is a cornerstone of the curriculum at Seton Hall and Dr. Florian Thomas has already started.
- “AT Day in the Life” Panel on 2/24
February 15, 2018
M.S. in Athletic Training alumnus John Baker & current student Taylor Beam discuss the AT profession and SHU’s MSAT program.
- Ph.D. in Health Sciences Dissertation Defenses
February 09, 2018
The effects of dual-tasking on spatiotemporal parameters of gait in older adults and patient fall-risk in a geriatric psychiatry unit are the topics of the February 19-20 defenses.
- SHMS Receives $1.2 Million DOE Grant to Support Children
February 09, 2018
"Project Write to Learn" brings OT and SLP Scholars into elementary schools to help children with Specific Learning Disabilities (SLD).
- SHMS Partners with Universities in Australia and New Zealand
January 18, 2018
The School of Health and Medical Sciences announces new partnerships with Australian Catholic University and University of Canterbury.
- The Path to Athletic Training
November 20, 2017
Why alumna Mercedes Cunningham, MS'14, ATC, Asst. Athletic Trainer at Boston College, loves her job and is grateful to Seton Hall.
- M.H.A. Alumni Interviews
November 07, 2017
Recent grads talk about their time in the M.H.A. program and how they apply their skills and knowledge in the working world.
- Dissertation Defense
November 02, 2017
Carolyn Serrano defends her dissertation on The Determinants of Behavioral Intent to Adopt the Closed-loop Artificial Pancreas among Healthcare Providers.
- National Academies of Practice Distinguished Fellowship
October 26, 2017
School of Health and Medical Sciences Dean elected to Distinguished Fellowship of the National Academies of Practice in Speech-Language Pathology.
- OT Students Plan Health Fair at JCC MetroWest
October 17, 2017
The event featured interactive stations to address vision, productive aging, fall reduction, balance and technology.
- Ph.D. Dissertation Defense of Maureen Costello
October 11, 2017
Dissertation Defense - Agrammatic Broca's Aphasia: Comparison of Two Treatment Approaches
- Physician Assistant Students Host Leadership Forum
September 20, 2017
"Physician Assistants Leading Global and Local Communities" was the theme of the second annual event.
- Hands-on Learning for SLP Grad Students
August 23, 2017
Parents brought their children to campus as part of an early intervention course in the Dept. of Speech-Language Pathology.
- SHMS Rises to the Challenge
July 21, 2017
Dean Shulman announces: School of Health and Medical Sciences exceeds “Rise to the Challenge” campaign goal, resulting in a $10,000 matching gift.
- OT Students Present at National Conference
July 20, 2017
Three graduate students present research findings at the 100th American Occupational Therapy Association Annual Conference.
- Three Reasons to Get Your MHA Degree at Seton Hall
June 19, 2017
Why a Master of Healthcare Administration degree may be the "next step" for you - or someone you know!
- Medicaid Expansion & Chronic Disease
May 31, 2017
PhD student and professor publish study showing link between Medicaid expansion and reduction in cardiovascular disease.
- Ph.D. Candidates Defend Dissertations
May 24, 2017
Collaborative athletic training, gait adaptation, diagnostics, and horizontal violence in nursing will be discussed.
- A Day of Health & Medical Sciences Research
April 10, 2017
The 28th Annual Dr. George Perez Research Colloquium is Friday, April 28. Poster presentations start at 8 a.m.
- Mind Map as a Teaching and Learning Strategy
March 24, 2017
Genevieve Zipp and Cathy Maher demonstrate how mind mapping can be used to develop critical thinking skills in students.