A New Blackboard Coming in January
Changes are being made to existing functionality of Blackboard. Below are just a couple of examples of what you can expect to see for the start of the Spring 2014 semester.
The discussion thread detail page is thoroughly redesigned yet maintains all of its existing functions. Some key changes are:
- All posts on one page – all of the posts in a thread are now visible at the same time on one page.
- Role highlighting – posts made by forum managers and moderators now contain the user’s course role and forum role.
- Inline replies – when replying to a post, the content editor used to write a response appears on the same page, in the context of the discussion.
- Post First Setting – instructors can use a new forum setting to require students to post to a forum before they can see other students’ posts.
The calendar has been updated and enhanced. This new version allows personalization and customization.
- Color-code events to differentiate courses and personal items
- Items with due dates automatically appear on the calendar
- Drag and drop events to change due dates
- Export your calendar via iCal feed to Outlook, Google or other 3rd party calendars.
Click to enlarge.
Using the content editor, you can record video everywhere.
- Instructors and students can record video on the fly using a webcam
- Upload directly to your personal YouTube account (as a private video)
- Embedded video into your course materials, interactions, and feedback.
Sign up for a preview session by clicking on a date below. Once on the registration page, click the red registration button.
For more details of the upcoming changes visit:
There's more to learn with Blackboard. Watch for additional news stories and e-mails.
For more information please contact: