Core III Engaging the World
This course will examine the influence of Christianity on the
practice of philanthropy from early Christianity through the
- We will be staying at Villa Irlanda in Rome.
- We will trace the development of philanthropy through a
religious lens with day trips to St. Peter's Basilica, the Vatican
Museum, the Sistine Chapel, St. Paul Outside the Walls, and other
historic sites. In addition, we have built in plenty of free time for
you to visit other interesting sites including the coliseum, the Spanish
steps, the fountains, etc.
- The tuition and fees for a three credit course are separate.
This is a three credit course. Check your graduate handbook for fees
for the summer course.
- Travel Cost: $3700 (including deposit of $1800)
- The deposit of $1800 would cover the cost of airfare and the deposit for the hotel. This is due ASAP.
- The balance can be paid in installments over the next few
months. We can set up a payment plan that best meets your needs.
Ms. Riley in the Dean's Office, Fahy Hall, will be collecting
deposits ($1800) and taking care of additional payments for Dr. Mirabella who is
on sabbatical this year and not on campus. If you are ready to deposit,
please stop in to see her.
For more information please contact: