University's Hurricane Recovery
As the Seton Hall University campus comes back to life after the devastation of Hurricane Sandy, our community faces many challenges. Many are still without power. Finding gas is difficult. Our motto has rarely been more apt - Hazard Zet Forward. The Division of Student Services wants to help you. We are organizing our resources to provide shelter and help to our students in need. In addition, students who have questions or troubles can visit our “Pirates Care” office in the University Center Room 232 or call 973-761-9075 for assistance. Here are some of our resources for the community:
- We recognize that members of the community might need to drive the car that has gas, not necessarily the car that has the SHU parking sticker. Therefore, cars will not be ticketed for failure to display a valid parking decal on campus this week.
- Parking Services is closed today because of staff challenges, but people who have a need to communicate with Parking may contact Public Safety at extension 9300.
- Members of the community who are willing to share a ride or need a ride to Seton Hall University can join the facebook page (http://www.facebook.com/groups/521719977839659/) to see where our people are driving from.
- Students who are stressed or struggling to come to grips with personal losses or those of your family, neighbors and friends are invited to stop by Counseling and Psychological Services to meet with a counselor or to call for an appointment. All services are free and confidential. The reception area is located in room 27 (second floor) of Mooney Hall and the phone number is 973-761-9500.
- We have received calls from concerned parents who are trying to make contact with their students. If you lack the cell service necessary to make a call home to reassure your parents, please come to the Department of Community Development, second floor of the University Center, Room 237, to use one of our telephones.
Classes resumed today, Monday, November 5. All services resume normal hours. We recognize that faculty, staff and students may still face challenges from the hurricane that prevent their attendance. We urge all to use caution on local roads that may still be without traffic signals. Faculty who are unable to hold their classes should contact their students via email or Blackboard. Faculty who are unable to contact their students may call 973-313-6173 to leave their name, the course number, section, and day and time of meeting. We will do our best to update the course Blackboard online. Students should check their courses on Blackboard.
For more information please contact: