Classes are finally in session and the workload is accumulating.
Balancing multiple assignments hasn’t left you much time to find a
volunteer site to complete service hours. But, fret no more. Service on
Saturdays, SOS, is back with a full semester of volunteer opportunities.
For three Saturdays this fall – September 29, October 20 and November
10 – SOS has partnered with eight community organizations to encourage
servant leadership for Seton Hall students.
With a few volunteer sites in South Orange and nearby Maplewood (as
well as surrounding towns), come use your gifts and talents to better
your community. Various projects include painting, landscaping,
tutoring, park and river clean-ups and assisting at the local food bank.
But, that’s not all. All participants will receive lunch afterwards.
It’s not too late. Sign up now!
Registration is currently available for all three SOS dates.
• Registration forms for SOS must be completed IN PERSON at the
Division of Volunteer Efforts (DOVE), located in Boland Hall 108.
Additionally, a waiver will be provided by Team Leaders on the day of
• If you are under the age of 18, a hard copy of the SOS Waiver Form
needs to be signed by a parent or guardian and submitted to DOVE prior
• Be sure to sign up as soon as possible; each Saturday has limited space.
• Students can participate on multiple Saturdays if they desire.
• Once registered, please remember the supporting organizations are depending on your attendance.
• If you are volunteering with a group, please arrive 15 minutes early.
• Please dress appropriately based on the weather and the nature of each service project.
To participate, you must be a current University student, or alum, and must use provided transportation.
SHU 500+ was founded in 1997 by Housing and Residence Life and DOVE
to encourage the participation of students in community service. In an
effort to make a more continuous and sustainable impact on our
community, and to enhance the service experience of our students, SHU
500 is now Service on Saturdays, or SOS.
For more information please contact: