Irish Events: SHU Goes Green
Having celebrated the organization’s 5th birthday in January, Pirates of Irish Persuasion & Extraction (PIPE) is proud to announce its line-up of Spring 2012 events.
- Tuesday, Feb 7: Irish Studies Discussion Series: "Irish Holidays and Holy Days and How They Got That Way," by Greg Tobin, Interim Vice President of University Advancement at SHU, 7 p.m., Living Room, University Center.
- Monday, Feb. 13: Irish Studies Discussion Series: Irish Language (lesson and presentation by Madeleine Ní Ghallchobhair and Dr. Tomás Ó Ihde), 7 p.m., room tbd.
- Wednesday, Feb. 15: PIPE meeting, 7:30 p.m., room tbd. (At the meeting, we'll make St. Patrick's Day cards for retired priests of the St. John Vianney Residence in Rutherford. Pizza will be provided. Also, we’ll do a fun mythology-related activity.)
- Wednesday, Feb. 29: Irish Set Dancing, 7 p.m., Theatre-in-the-Round. Teacher: Paul Keating.
- Saturday, Mar. 3: Nutley St. Patrick's Day Parade (PIPE will march as a contingent), assembly at 12 p.m., parade kick-off at 1 p.m.
- Tuesday, Mar. 6: Celtic Coffeehouse (co-sponsored with Campus Ministry), 8:30 p.m., Pirate's Cove. Aideen O'Donnell will play the harp and Father Warren Hall will speak about St. Patrick.
- Friday, Apr. 13: Irish Language Mass/Dinner/Step Dancing Presentation, Mass at 5:30 p.m. in the Chapel of the Immaculate Conception, followed immediately by Irish dinner and step dancing performance, Campus Ministry rooms.
- Saturday, Apr. 28: Ellis Island/Statue of Liberty trip, departure sometime in the morning (tbd), return sometime around 6 p.m. (tbd).
For further information on any of these events, and to remain aware of additional events as they are scheduled, please either contact club advisor Eilish R. Harrington at email@example.com or (973) 761-9733, or “like” the organization’s page on
For more information please contact: