The College of Nursing Buccino Center for Leadership Development
Develop extraordinary nursing leaders who will be recognized for the values and principles by which they live, their vision and purpose in life, the outstanding results that they achieve, their service to the community and their love, dedication and caring for those they serve.
About the Program
Qualified students will participate in a structured leadership development program that will begin freshman year and continue throughout the undergraduate curriculum. In response to the call for enhanced leadership development in nursing education, it is the only program in the United States to provide comprehensive nursing leadership training at the undergraduate level.
This intensive program exposes students to a unique framework of diverse experiential and scholastic learning that allows them to stretch themselves to achieve their fullest potential in their professional and personal life. Certified coaching and professional mentoring, strong experiential activities, principles and values and a standard of excellence by which all members live and a focus on servant leadership are the cornerstones of the program.
This four-year experience will cultivate future leaders with:
- strong self-confidence in their abilities and talents
- highly effective communication skills
- a capacity for critical thinking to address complex issues and manage change
- abilities to see issues and problems through different lenses to understand possibilities
- innovative ideas that improve healthcare delivery
- skills to work effectively with people within their own work group and across inter-professional boundaries.
For more information, contact Dr. Katherine Connolly at email@example.com.