The Ph.D. in Health Sciences program welcomes your application and questions about the admission process.
Who Should Apply?
The Ph.D. program draws individuals from a variety of professional backgrounds, including but not limited to RNs, PTs, OTs, ATs, STs, SLPs, PAs, RTs and RDs. Generally, our program appeals to healthcare practitioners, healthcare and pharmaceutical industry managers, C-Suite leaders (executives) and current or future academics.
- April 1 - Application deadline for admission starting in a Summer/Fall semester
- November 1 - Application deadline for admission starting in a Spring semester
- Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis.
Admission Requirements and Prerequisites:
- Completion of the Seton Hall University graduate school admission application
- Graduate of an accredited college/university with a minimum of a master's degree
- For those interested in the Movement Science or Speech-Language Pathology specialization, proof of eligibility for licensure to practice in New Jersey is also required.
- Submission of official transcripts from all undergraduate and graduate study
- Minimum grade point average (GPA) of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale for all graduate work
- Two letters of recommendation indicating that the applicant possesses the aptitude and ambition to complete a course of graduate study. Preferably, letters should be from current or previous employers and/or from last school attended.
- Statement of goals and research and/or career interests
- Personal interview may be required
- Curriculum vitae
- Graduate Record Examination (GRE) scores are not required for admission to the program; however, if GRE scores are available, they should be submitted.
- If English is not the native language, a student must submit a Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) Score Report documenting a paper-based score of 550 or above, a computer-based score of 213 or above, or an internet-based score of 79 or above.
How to Apply:
- Complete the online application for graduate admission to Seton Hall University, selecting "Graduate Program Applicant" - "School of Health and Medical Sciences" - "Ph.D." - "Ph.D. in Health Sciences" within the appropriate drop-down menus when prompted.
- Review of applications begins upon receipt of application.
Director of Graduate Admissions
Qualified students are admitted without regard to race, color, religion, age, disability, natural origin, sexual orientation, ancestry or gender.