Skip to Content
Seton Hall University

Housing Information for Students Studying Abroad  

If you are a current resident please complete a housing license release request form.

  • If you are studying abroad in the spring you are required to check out of your room on or before the scheduled end of semester closing date in December as posted in the Housing calendar of that academic year.
  • In the fall, you should  apply for a release of housing license as soon as you have decided to study abroad to avoid preventable housing charges. 
Whether you are a current resident or a commuter student, if you are away during the spring semester and are planning to return or apply for housing in the fall you must:

  • Submit an online housing application and pay your room reservation deposit. 
  • You will be assigned to housing by the HRL department and will receive your housing assignment for the next academic year during the summer.
If you are planning to study abroad in the fall semester and would like housing for the spring semester you have two options:

  1. If you already have a housing assignment for the fall, you should contact us to cancel your fall assignment and defer your housing application to the spring semester.  You should do this as soon as you have decided to study abroad to avoid losing your housing deposit and secure a room for the spring.
  2. If you have not applied for the fall you can submit a housing application and select the appropriate spring term.
Students should receive their assignment information and move in date via e-mail in early January.

For questions, contact the Housing and Residence Life Department.

Back to top