About the Honors Program
The Honors Program fosters intellectual growth by helping you acquire the breadth and depth of knowledge that is the hallmark of a liberally educated person.
Honors faculty come from a variety of departments and disciplines. Among these have been Anthropology, Art, Biology, Classics, English, History, Philosophy and Religion.
The Honors Program has three principal components:
- A series of four interdisciplinary colloquia
- The classical civilizations of Europe and Asia;
- The medieval world;
- The early modern world from 1500 to 1850; and
- The contemporary world from the industrial revolution until today.
- Upper-level liberal arts seminars
- Independent research leading to a senior Honors project/thesis