The School of Health and Medical Sciences is a professional school within the University structure.
The School's mission is to prepare healthcare professionals to assume leadership roles in the health care arena.
To achieve this goal, a variety of unique and innovative educational programs are offered utilizing a multi-institutional and integrated approach to graduate education.
The School offers several innovative graduate programs in health sciences and health administration. These programs are designed to provide individuals with an enhanced knowledge base through flexible and diverse curricula.
The School offers professional programs at the master's and doctoral levels, preparing students to become skilled healthcare practitioners with a solid appreciation for interprofessional practice:
- Master of Science in Athletic Training
- Master of Science in Occupational Therapy
- Doctor of Physical Therapy
- Master of Science in Physician Assistant
- Master of Science in Speech-Language Pathology
The School also offers a post-professional program leading to the degree of:
- Doctor of Philosophy in Health Sciences, with specializations in movement science, speech-language pathology, or health professions leadership.
For individuals wishing to advance or begin their careers in healthcare management, the School offers the:
- Master of Healthcare Administration degree, available in both on-campus and online formats, as well as certificate programs in healthcare administration and global health management.
Faculty Guide and Bylaws
Download the SHMS Faculty Guide and Bylaws, as approved December 6, 2010.