There are creative ways to support Seton Hall University that can provide for you or your loved ones and benefit the University at the same time. The Office of Gift Planning can offer ideas as to how you can be a part – truly, a partner – in shaping and developing Seton Hall’s future.
Thoughtful gift planning allows you to meet personal goals as well as the University’s. Find out how to make a gift that everyone can afford.
Simple Glossary »
- Bequests – A simple designation in your will.
- Charitable Gift Annuity (CGAs) – Receive guaranteed fixed lifelong payments for yourself or a loved one.
- Charitable Remainder Trust – Receive fixed payments and eliminate or defer capital gain tax. Provides a steady cash flow and can be more advantageous than selling or keeping an asset.
- Charitable Lead Trust – A trust usually designed to transfer assets tax-effectively to children or other beneficiaries. Unlike a remainder trust, income is paid first to the charity before trust assets are distributed.
- Gift of Life Insurance or Retirement Assets – Name Seton Hall as a policy beneficiary and you’ll avoid estate tax on the proceeds.
- Gifts of Appreciated Assets – Give stocks, real estate, or tangible property and you receive an income tax deduction for your generosity.
For more information about gift planning, please contact Carroll Keating at (973) 378-2643 or email@example.com
, or Joe Guasconi at (973) 378-9850 or firstname.lastname@example.org
. We are also happy to work with your trusted professional advisors.