Summer Financial Aid eligibility criteria
Students may not receive FEDERAL loans if they are ONLY registered for an intersession. The length of the session is too short and therefore does NOT qualify to receive a disbursement of funds. You may combine an intersession with a summer session or apply for an alternative loan at www.elmselect.com
Undergraduate students must enroll in a minimum of six (6) credit hours. Audited credit hours cannot be counted as eligible hours.
Graduate students must enroll in a minimum of three (3) credit hours. Please NOTE that courses must be graduate credit courses. As a graduate student undergraduate courses will not meet degree requirements and cannot be included in meeting the minimum required hours. Audited credit hours cannot be counted as eligible hours.
Failure to enroll in at least the minimum credit hours required will result in the cancellation of your financial aid.
Students whose admit date is the following Fall that are permitted to take classes during the Summer term will not qualify for summer funding.
The Office of Financial Aid must receive your summer financial aid application by May 1. You must meet all of the following criteria for your application to be considered:
- You must have a current free application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) on file. Seton Hall University’s school code is 002632-00.
- You must officially enroll in an eligible program to be considered for aid.
- You must be a matriculated Seton Hall University student.
- Before you can be considered for summer financial aid, you must be making Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP). Your SAP status will be reviewed prior to summer aid consideration.
- You must be a U.S. citizen or eligible non-citizen to qualify for federal financial aid.
- Eligible borrowers for the Federal Direct Plus Loan and Alternative Student Loans may borrow up to the cost of attendance, less any financial assistance awarded for the loan period to meet the education costs of dependent students.
- You must have remaining Pell and/or Federal Direct Loan eligibility as of the end of the spring semester to qualify for a summer disbursement. The Direct Loan will automatically be issued for the summer if there is remaining eligibility.
Maximum Annual Direct Loan Limits
|Academic Standing||Maximum Annual Subsidized Eligibility||Maximum Annual Unsubsidized Eligibility|
|Junior/Senior/2nd Degree||$5,500||$2,000 $7,000|