News and Events
Center News & Events for 2014 have included but are not limited to the following:
- On September 26, 2014, Dr. Benjamin Goldfrank spoke at the 3rd International Conference on Participatory Budgeting in North America at the California Endowment, Oakland.
- Dr. Ann Marie Murphy participated in a roundtable discussion with H.E. Pahm Binh Minh, Deputy Prime Minister and Foreign Minister of Vietnam, on Vietnam’s Role in the World at the Asia Society on September 24, 2014. Information on about the event can be found here. To view a video of the event, please watch here.
- On September, 9, 2014, Dr. Ann Marie Murphy spoke at the conference, “Indonesia’s New President: What the Elections mean for the World’s largest Muslim-Majority Nation” at New York University.
- On August 25, 2014, Dr. Benjamin Goldfrank presented in the Short Course on Comparative Urban Politics in Developing Countries, American Political Science Association, Annual Meeting in Washington, DC.
- On June 25, 2014, Dr. Benjamin Goldfrank gave a presentation on “Participatory Budgeting in Latin America” at the United Nations Public Service Forum in Seoul, South Korea, at the invitation of the Inter-American Development Bank.
- On May 9, 2014, Dr. Ann Marie Murphy gave a presentation on “Indonesian Foreign Policy Beyond the 2014 Elections” at the conference “Southeast Asian Elections: Indonesia in Comparative Perspective” Columbia University.
- On April 25, 2014, Dr. Benjamin Goldfrank spoke at the conference, A New Critical Juncture? Changing Patterns of Representation and Regime Politics in Contemporary Latin America, Kellogg Institute, University of Notre Dame.
- On April 4, 2014, Dr. Yongwook Ryu, Assistant Professor, Australian National University gave a lecture at Seton Hall sponsored by the Center entitled, “China Eyes Japan: The 'History Problem', Aggressive Intentions and China's Threat Perception of Japan. “
- On March 30, 2014, Dr. Ann Marie Murphy gave a presentation on “Democracy and Foreign Policy in Indonesia” at the presentation and chair, Roundtable on Domestic Politics in Southeast Asia” the Association of Asian Studies annual meeting, Philadelphia, PA, March 27-30, 2014,
- On March 7, 2014, Dr. Benjamin Goldfrank spoke at the conference, The Politics of the Popular in Latin America, Center for Latin American and Caribbean Studies, New York University.
- On March 5, 2014, Dr. Kenneth Roberts, Professor, Cornell University gave a lecture at Seton Hall sponsored by the Center entitled, “Changing Course: Party Systems in Latin America’s Neo-Liberal Era."
- On February 22nd, 2014, Dr. Benjamin Goldfrank spoke at the International Conference on Culture, Economy, Participation and Governance in Latin American Cities, Center for Research on Direct Democracy, Aarau, Switzerland.