Seton Hall University embraces the principle that effective and meaningful assessment is an integral part of the educational process. This principle is at the heart of our commitment to meet our responsibilities to our students, professions, and the communities that we serve. University Assessment Site »
The Master of Arts in Strategic Communication and Leadership Program (MASCL) is designed to provide highly motivated mid-career professionals with the opportunity to strengthen and enhance their leadership, communication, and organizational development skills through an innovative student-centered cohort model. Our curriculum challenges our students to think creatively and to lead and communicate with responsibility, passion and integrity. Our program uniquely develops these critical skills of communication and leadership in ways that can be immediately applied in practice, in a rapidly changing organizational world.
In our teaching, we affirm and strive to instill in our students:
- The desire and skills to lead ethically and with purpose.
- To be culturally aware, curious, open and sensitive.
- To lead in a socially responsible manner.
- To be an engaged servant leader.
- To lead with a blend of confidence and humility.
- To communicate openly, ethically and with passion
Program Learning Outcomes:
- Mastery of both theoretical and empirical knowledge in the field of leadership communication.
- Understand and effectively apply strategic communications and leadership concepts to organizational challenges.
- Demonstrate an ability to communicate effectively through the spoken and written word in the three main leadership modalities – one to one, one to many and in various “e” forms.
- Understand the legal, ethical and social responsibilities of leaders as communicators.
- Demonstrate competency and commitment to servant leadership.
- To effectively lead and communicate across cultures displaying both savviness and sensitivity.
- Demonstrate intellectual and professional creativity through various assignments and projects on a variety of communications and leadership challenges.