Center for Catholic Studies Program 2017-2018
Including the Bernard J. Lonergan Institute, the G.K. Chesterton Institute for Faith & Culture, and the Micah Institute for Business and Economics
- May 23, 24, 25 – Annual Faculty Summer Seminar, "The Message of Matthew," with Fr. Pablo Gadenz.
- June 13, 14, 15 – Faculty Skype Workshop, "Self-Knowledge and the Language of the University," with Mark Morelli.
- June 23 - Annual Lonergan Workshop, Boston College - Msgr. Richard Liddy presenting on "Intellectual Conversion as Pastoral."
- July 22-29 - Praxis Program Summer Workshop, "The Role of Functional Specialties," Trieste, Italy.
- August 3-5 - Newman Association of America Annual Conference, "Looking for Truth, Finding Mercy," St. Thomas University, St. Paul, MN. Msgr. Richard Liddy, President.
- August 22 – Praxis Program Back to School Workshop.
- August 30 – Welcome for Professor Mark Miller, inaugural Toth/Lonergan Endowment Visiting Professor.
- September 8 -Toth/Lonergan Visiting Professor Mark Miller gives keynote address at Faculty Convocation.
- September 14-15 – Annual Italian Lonergan Conference, Piacenza , Italy , "Insight after 50 Years" Msgr. Richard Liddy presenting on "Simplifying Lonergan."
- September 22-23 – Lonergan Institute, Boston College, "Collaboration with Prof. Russell Hurlburt."
- Toth/Lonergan Visiting Professor Mark Miller teaching two undergraduate courses.
- October 16 – Visiting lecture to faculty on Bernard Lonergan by Msgr. Richard Liddy at Sacred Heart University, Fairfield, CT.
- October 17 – Workshop, Part 1 - sponsored by the Bernard J. Lonergan Institute and the SHU Center for Faculty Development, presented by Richard Grallo, Professor of Applied Psychology at Metropolitan College of New York, on the Generalized Empirical Method and Critical Thinking.
- November 7 - Workshop, Part 2, sponsored by the Bernard J. Lonergan Institute and the SHU Center for Faculty Development, presented by Richard Grallo, Professor of Applied Psychology at Metropolitan College of New York, on the Generalized Empirical Method and Assessment.
- November, TBD - Guest lecture by Toth/Lonergan Visiting Professor Mark Miller on Redemption.
- Faculty Development Seminars, co-sponsored with the Center for Vocation and Servant Leadership:
- University Seminar on Mission – Msgr. Liddy co-facilitating.
- The Advanced University Seminar on Mission – Msgr. Richard Liddy co-facilitating.
- Praxis Program of the Advanced University Seminar on Mission - co-sponsors, Cohorts 1, 2, 3 4 - Peer Support.
- G.K. Chesterton Institute for Faith & Culture – International Conferences, Poland; Chile.
- Ongoing Monthly Ethics and Economics Forum Series, co-sponsored by the Department of Religion, the Micah Institute and Bernard J. Lonergan Institute.
- Ongoing Woodstock Business Conference/Seton Hall Chapter and Micah Group on line resources, September- May.
- Ongoing Spanish Mass, sponsored by the G.K. Chesterton Institute - first Thursday, monthly.
- The Chesterton Review - published bi-annually in English; French, Italian and Spanish annually; Portuguese Supplement annually.
- The Lonergan Review - published annually.
Visiting Scholar Lecture Series
This series features recordings of lectures hosted by the Center for Catholic Studies. These lectures are now available for you online. Experience our Visiting Scholars lectures »