These resources are links to papers, documents and other sites that will help you to understand the definition of assessment, the different types of assessment and example plans, reports and other resources.
- Assessment 101 Primer - by the University of Connecticut
- Using Rubrics - by the California State University
- Creating Rubrics - Indiana University of Pennsylvania
- Statement and Information on Outcomes Assessment - American Philosophical Association
- Assessment projects in history in higher education - American Historical Association
- Committee Work on Assessment in Undergraduate Mathematics - Mathematical Association of America
- Assessment in the Disciplines - Association for Institutional Research
- Book chapter on creating assessments in chemistry to support student learning - American Chemical Society
- Resource links for content assessments associated with physics - American Physical Society
- The Assessment CyberGuide for Learning Goals and Outcomes: Guide to creating establishing learning outcomes and assessment in undergraduate psychology programs - American Psychological Association
- Assessment at the undergraduate and masters level in sociology - American Sociology Association
- Assessments for oral and written proficiency - American Council on the Teaching of Foreign Languages
- Resources associated with papers and research about assessment - National Institute for Learning Outcomes Assessment
- Internet Resources for Higher Education Outcomes Assessment - North Carolina State University
A survey tool that is administered by the Division of Student Affairs which helps the Division to assess out-of-classroom experiences that our students engage in. For more information on using Student Voice contact Andy Brereton, Assistant to the Vice President for Student Affairs .
A tool that allows faculty to create and publish interactive rubrics, then easily aggregate and disaggregate the resulting data on student learning either in a particular course or across a program.
Passport by ILAT
An electronic data management system that facilitates the collection and reporting of data from rubrics used in the curriculum to filed placement evaluations.
Blackboard Learning Management System
Has many tools for assessment as a part of its suite of offerings. Including, online test and quizzes, peer and self assessment tools.
Blackboard ePortfolio - a part of the University's learning management system, the ePortfolio tools allow student to create a portfolio of work as evidence of their competencies in the disciplines who utilize this technology.