Strategic Leadership and Influencing
Date: Saturday, November 1, 2014
Time: 9 a.m. - 4 p.m.
Location: Seton Hall University Main Campus
Single Course Tuition: $119
Certificate in Business Communication
Three Course Certificate: $300
Five Course Certificate: $479
Learn to lead in today's global, virtual world.This course delivers a systematic, multi-pronged approach to more effective leadership in a wide variety of contexts.
Leaders exert influence all day, every day. Whether you're seeking support for your initiatives, recruiting and motivating employees,
working with colleagues, creating strategic partnerships, developing new business, or managing client expectations, leaders need to effectively
influence and gain support. Through the "3 C's Influencing Method": Convince, Collaborate, and Create, a systematic, multi-pronged approach to better leadership in a wide variety of contexts, you'll learn to lead and get what you want.
- Overview of the 3 C's Influencing Method
- Influencing groups
- Virtual influencing
- Maximizing the effectiveness of your interactions
- Teach you to think differently about leading others by considering the context and dynamics of different groups and settings
- Give you the opportunity to put your new skills to work immediately through hands-on, interactive exercises
- Allow you to practice building consensus within and across teams, and exercising subtle influence, without resistance
Following the workshop, you will:
- Have gained insights and best practices for leading in one-on-one contexts, multilayer organizations, and in global and
If you're a supervisor who wants to improve your leadership skills, an employee who desires to attain a management position, or an individual who wants to become a more effective leader, this course is for you.
Lee E. Miller, a graduate of Harvard Law School, is the Managing Director of NegotiationPlus.com with offices in the United States and Singapore. He also is an Adjunct Professor of Management at Columbia University and at Seton Hall University, where he teaches MBA
courses in Influencing, Negotiating, and Decision Making. He is a five time recipient of the Seton Hall Stillman School of Business' Award for Teaching Excellence. He also is the author of several books on influencing and negotiating, including UP: Influence, Power and the U Perspective-The Art of Getting What You Want and A Woman's Guide to Successful Negotiating.
For further information, please contact us at (973) 761-9087 or email: CEPS@shu.edu