A Real, Bricks and Mortar Institution
As an online student, you truly get the best of both worlds: a dynamic Web-based learning educational program grounded in the history and tradition of Seton Hall University, a more than 150-year-old institution of higher learning. The oldest diocesan university in the United States, Seton Hall educates nearly 10,000 undergraduate and graduate students who hail from 40 U.S. states and territories, and 58 foreign countries.
Founded in 1856 by Bishop James Roosevelt Bayley, Seton Hall is committed to serving as a home for the mind, the heart and the spirit of all who are part of its community. The online programs support and extend this mission by delivering high-quality, career-enhancing education. Located 14 miles outside of New York City in suburban South Orange, New Jersey, the University is home to eight school and colleges:
The University offers more than 60 undergraduate majors and concentrations and 45 graduate programs. Known for its compassionate, diverse and collaborative environment, Seton Hall focuses on the academic and ethical development of its students. The University’s faith and spiritual commitments inspire faculty to educate students to become servant leaders in their personal and professional lives, in their communities and in their global society.
With the first online program launched in 1998, the online degree and certificate programs bring Seton Hall's more than 150-year history of academic excellence from its northern New Jersey campus to working professionals across the globe.
Online Degree and Certificate Program Characteristics:
- Student-Centered Learning
- Writing Intensity
- Highly Interactive Discussions Geared To Lifelong Learning Enriched Course Materials
- On-Demand Interaction and Support
- Flexible and Convenient Programs and Courses
- Intimate Community of Learners
- Instructional Diversity and Quality Accelerated Program Design
- Synchronous and Asynchronous Learning Tools
- Degree, Diploma and Academic Standards and Policies Identical to the On-Campus Program
- Cohort Learning Team Approach
- Full-Degree Graduate/Professional Programs
- On-Campus Weekend Residencies
- Full-Time Seton Hall Faculty and Distinguished Practitioners
Seton Hall University and its associated online programs are accredited by the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools. Seton Hall is a member of the Sloan Asynchronous Learning Network Consortium, an association of accredited institutions offering online degree or certificate programs committed to quality distance education and is recognized by the U.S. Department of Defense's education network of Defense Activity for meeting military requirements for Non-Traditional Education Support (DANTES).