Social Media for Professionals: Unlimited Potential
Dates: Saturdays, September 20, 27, October 4, 11 and 18
Time: 9:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.
Location: Seton Hall University Main Campus
In five powerful sessions, you will outline a social media
action plan, launch a blog, setup Twitter and Pinterest and learn a variety of
social media devices. Then using
analytical tools, obtain, analyze, and interpret data from your social media
Social media is not a fad it's your future. Social Media for Professionals:Unlimited Potential teaches simple techniques to leverage vast, interconnected web communities. Whether you have a thousand Facebook friends or zero, you can harness the power of social media for marketing, communications, and branding – personally and professionally.
Experienced social media experts will teach you how to stand out from the rest of the noise with unique, targeted, and efficient campaigns. In the first session, you will launch a blog and create a visual map outlining your own social media action plan. From there you will learn to communicate and collaborate through blogs and wikis, customizing entries with various forms of media. Integrate your site with Twitter,
Facebook, Tumblr, Pinterest, and YouTube for exponential impact.
Upon completion of all five sessions you will earn a Certificate in Social Media. This distinction can enrich your resume and make you a company asset. But how will you know that your new strategies are working? Instructors will show you easy-to-use tools that collect and analyze important web traffic data. Using analytics and interpreting this data is key to sustained, effective social media marketing. If you want lasting engagement and marketing results, don't miss this course!
- Session I: Social Media, Everyone is Doing It, Right?
- Learn what social media is, some of the ways it is being used, and outline a plan of action for its effective use.
- Create a blog and
a visual map of how social media can be used to enrich your goals.
- Session II & III: Tools to Leverage the Power of Community (Parts 1 & 2)
- Understand how to connect and expand your online presence using Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, LinkedIn, Pinterest, and more.
- Learn how to design and use a variety of social media tools to achieve your goals.
- Session IV: Communicate and Collaborate Through Blogs and Wikis
- Discover how to add and edit blog entries, include media on a WordPress site, customize and add widgets, and integrate with Twitter and Facebook.
- Learn to maximize wiki potential for your organization.
- Session V: Using Data to Check Your Effectiveness
- Use free and paid analytical tools to obtain, analyze, and interpret data from your social media sites.
- Find out how analytics can help you to run a more successful social media campaign.
As a participant you will:
- Learn how to use the various social media platforms available.
- Understand the ins and outs of social media and how to use it effectively.
- Create a visual map that outlines your own social media action plan.
Following the program, you will:
- Understand how to use social media to enhance your personal and professional brand.
- Be able to effectively use social media to widen your sphere of influence.
If you are interested in enhancing your personal and professional brand through social media or if you are a small business owner who wants to learn how to use social media to increase the visibility of your business, this course is for you!
Learn about our dynamic instructors »
For further information, please contact us at (973) 761-9087 or email: CEPS@shu.edu