Patricia M. Ruiz, D.N.P., A.P.N.
Director of Clinical Affiliations and Career Development
Dr. Ruiz's goal is clinical excellence for all nursing students.
Much of Dr. Ruiz's clinical work as a nurse practitioner focused on meeting
the health needs of college students at Seton Hall University, while
simultaneously executing administrative responsibilities associated
with clinical practice. Working with college students in this primary
care setting offered an opportunity to interact with college students,
and enter their environment in a way which is unique to a college
setting. She has been privileged to participate in student sponsored
activities and mentor these young adults who are becoming leaders in a
variety of fields. This experience guides her in her current
responsibilities of developing clinical affiliations and enhancing
nursing career development.
The College of Nursing’s commitment to holistic, student-centered
education resonates well with Dr. Ruiz's goal to combine service, innovative
teaching, and scholarly practice. She is energized by the vibrant
students and creative academic practices at the Seton Hall University
College of Nursing.
- D.N.P. University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey
- M.S. Columbia University
- Post-Master's Certificate Nursing Education, University of Pennsylvania
- B.S. Fairfield University
- Doctor of Nursing Practice Excellence Award for Outstanding
Academic Performance, 2012.
- College Health Excellence Award, NJ College Health Association, 2012.
- Abdol H. Islami, MD Foundation Scholarship Recipient, 2011.