Dr. Toughill has had a long career in nursing, recently with VNA of Central Jersey as chief nursing officer.
Dr. Toughill holds national certification as a clinical nurse leader and a geriatric nurse practitioner. She specializes in the treatment of urinary incontinence. She has received local, state and national awards, including the first Mosby Geriatric Nurse Manager of the Year Award, the Dean’s Award for Preceptor Excellence - UMDNJ School of Nursing, the Visiting Nurse Association of America Program Manager of the Year and the Governor’s Nursing Merit Award for Nurse Administrator.
View Curriculum Vitae
- Ph.D. New York University
- M.S.N. Seton Hall University
- B.S.N. Monmouth University
- Sigma Theta Tau International Honor Society of Nursing.
- NJ State Nurses Association, Region VI, President.
- American Nurses Association.
- Board Member, New Jersey State Nurses Association.
- Board Member, New Jersey State Nurses Association Institute for Nursing.
- Commission on Nurse Certification Item Writer, National Clinical Nurse Leader Certification Exam.
- Peer Reviewer, American Journal of Nursing.
- Celiac Disease: What Every Nurse Should Know
Meridian Health Ann May Center NICHE 7th Annual Convention,
- A Medical Puzzlement: Celiac Disease
American Journal of Nursing,
- What can the community health nurse do? Help for patients with urinary incontinence
Caring, 28(4), 12- 16,
- Working with the community for change (Book Chapter)
In J. Leavitt, M. Chaffee & D. Mason (Eds.), "Policy and Politics in Nursing and Health Care," 5th ed, St. Louis: Saunders,
- Early Intervention Services for Persons with HIV/AIDS and Hepatitis C: A Community Health Center Perspective
Nursing Clinics of North America, 41(3), 371- 382,