Rev. Pablo T. Gadenz, S.S.L., S.T.D.
Associate Professor of Biblical Studies
School of Theology
Father Gadenz's research focuses on rhetorical analysis and use of Scripture in Paul's Letters.
Father Gadenz teaches various New Testament courses at Immaculate Conception Seminary School of Theology. In addition, he serves as a mentor on the Seminary's Formation Faculty. His research focuses on rhetorical analysis of Paul's Letters and the study of Paul's use of Scripture. He is also interested in the theological interpretation of Scripture, building bridges between exegetical study and the Church's theology and liturgy. His published doctoral dissertation examines Paul's ecclesiology in Romans 9-11, taking into account the Old Testament background of these chapters. Ordained in 1996, Father Gadenz is a priest of the Diocese of Trenton, and assists on weekends at Christ the King Parish in Long Branch, NJ.
- S.T.D., Pontifical Gregorian University, Rome
- S.S.L., Pontifical Biblical Institute, Rome
- M.Div., M.A., St. Charles Borromeo Seminary
- M.S., Columbia University, B.S.E., Princeton University
- Provost's Faculty Scholarship Award, Seton Hall University (2010).
- Provost's Faculty Scholarship Award, Seton Hall University (2009).
- Jesus the New Temple in the Thought of Pope Benedict XVI
Nova et Vetera, 11, n. 1, pp. 211-230.,
- "Resurrection and Restoration: How 1 Corinthians 15 Sheds Light on Romans 11"
Book Title (in Italian): Non mi vergogno del Vangelo, potenza di Dio. Editors: Francesco Bianchini and Stefano Romanello. Publisher: Rome: Gregorian & Biblical Press. Pages: 117-134,
- Magisterial Teaching on the Inspiration and Truth of Scripture: Precedents and Prospects
Letter & Spirit, 6, 67- 91,
- Belli, Filippo. Argumentation and Use of Scripture in Romans 9–11
Analecta Biblica 183. Rome, Italy: Gregorian & Biblical Press,
- Called from the Jews and from the Gentiles: Pauline Ecclesiology in Romans 9–11
Wissenschaftliche Untersuchungen zum Neuen Testament 2.267. Tübingen, Germany: Mohr Siebeck,