Father Gadenz's research focuses on the Gospels and Paul's Letters
Father Gadenz teaches New Testament courses such as Synoptic Gospels, Johannine Literature, Hebrews and Catholic Letters, Mary in Sacred Scripture, and New Testament Greek. In addition, he serves as a mentor on the Formation Faculty of Immaculate Conception Seminary. His research interests include narrative analysis of the Gospels, rhetoric in Paul’s Letters, and theological interpretation of Scripture. He is currently writing a commentary on the Gospel of Luke for the Catholic Commentary on Sacred Scripture series. His published doctoral dissertation examines Paul's ecclesiology in Romans 9-11, taking into account the Old Testament background of these chapters. He has also authored various book chapters, articles, and book reviews. He is a member of the Catholic Biblical Association of America and the Society of Biblical Literature. Ordained in 1996, Father Gadenz is a priest of the Diocese of Trenton.
- S.T.D., Pontifical Gregorian University, Rome
- S.S.L., Pontifical Biblical Institute, Rome
- M.Div., M.A., St. Charles Borromeo Seminary
- M.S., Columbia University, B.S.E., Princeton University
- Provost's Faculty Scholarship Award, Seton Hall University (2010).
- Provost's Faculty Scholarship Award, Seton Hall University (2009).
- Overcoming the Hiatus between Exegesis and Theology: Guidance and Examples from Pope Benedict XVI
In Verbum Domini and the Complementarity of Exegesis and Theology, edited by Scott Carl, pp. 41-62,
- Jesus the New Temple in the Thought of Pope Benedict XVI
Nova et Vetera, 11, n. 1, pp. 211-230.,
- "Resurrection and Restoration: How 1 Corinthians 15 Sheds Light on Romans 11"
Book Title (in Italian): Non mi vergogno del Vangelo, potenza di Dio. Editors: Francesco Bianchini and Stefano Romanello. Publisher: Rome: Gregorian & Biblical Press. Pages: 117-134,
- Magisterial Teaching on the Inspiration and Truth of Scripture: Precedents and Prospects
Letter & Spirit, 6, 67- 91,
- Belli, Filippo. Argumentation and Use of Scripture in Romans 9–11
Analecta Biblica 183. Rome, Italy: Gregorian & Biblical Press,
- Called from the Jews and from the Gentiles: Pauline Ecclesiology in Romans 9–11
Wissenschaftliche Untersuchungen zum Neuen Testament 2.267. Tübingen, Germany: Mohr Siebeck,