Dr. Mayo is the founding Director of the Center for Sport Management & Faculty Associate in the Department of Management
Hired in 1996, Dr. Ann Mayo is the founding Director of the Center for Sport Management. She is a Faculty Associate in the Department of Management and teaches courses in Sport Management, Event Management, Principles of Management and Organizational Behavior. Her previous work experience focused on Intercollegiate Athletics and business school administration. Dr. Mayo's research interests, which are predominantly contributions to practice in nature, focus on issues in intercollegiate athletics. She currently sits on the board of the NFL Game Plan Foundation which raises funds for the rehabilitation of retired NFL players.
- Ph.D., Ohio State University
- Censorship in the Video Game Industry: Government Intervention or Parental Controls?
University of Denver Sports and Entertainment Law Journal, Sturm College of Law, Denver, CO, 5(9), 54-72,
- Coaching Costs as Tullock Costs" NCAA Scholarly Colloquium, Atlanta, Georgia, January 2010
Economic Affairs, Vol. 30, Is. 3, 65-69,
- University Athletic Websites: an Analysis and Comparison of Revenue Generation Features
The Sport Journal, 13(2),
- Coaching Costs as Tullock Costs
NCAA Scholarly Colloquium, Atlanta, Georgia,
- The Supreme Court as the Grand Mediator in Social Regulation of the Media
Hastings Communications and Law Journal, 32(1), 41-101,
- University Athletic Websites; An Analysis and Comparison of Revenue Generation Features
2009 Conference on College Sport, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill,