James J. Kimble, Ph.D.
Associate Professor of Communication
Jim Kimble's expertise includes domestic propaganda, rhetorical studies, and presidential discourse.
Most of my scholarship involves domestic propaganda and the way it helps
to construct a rhetorical community even as it fosters depictions of an
enemy or Other. The discourse of the World War II home front draws
most of my attention, although I have also published research on the
Civil War era and the Cold War.
Curriculum Vitae »
- PhD, University of Maryland
- MA, Kansas State University
- BSEd, University of Nebraska
- Karl R. Wallace Memorial Award, National Communication Association
- Senior Fellow, Rockwell Center for American Visual Studies
- Gerald R. Miller Outstanding Dissertation Award, National Communication Association
- Rose B. Johnson Southern Communication Journal Article Award
- Distinguished Honor Graduate, U.S. Army Chaplain Center and School