Jim Kimble's expertise includes domestic propaganda, rhetorical studies, and presidential discourse.
Most of my scholarship involves domestic propaganda and the way it helps
to construct a rhetorical community even as it fosters depictions of an
enemy or Other. The discourse of the World War II home front draws
most of my attention, although I have also published research on the
Civil War era and the Cold War.
Curriculum Vitae »
- PhD, University of Maryland
- MA, Kansas State University
- BSEd, University of Nebraska
- Karl R. Wallace Memorial Award, National Communication Association
- Senior Fellow, Rockwell Center for American Visual Studies
- Gerald R. Miller Outstanding Dissertation Award, National Communication Association
- Rose B. Johnson Southern Communication Journal Article Award
- Distinguished Honor Graduate, U.S. Army Chaplain Center and School