Naomi Wish, Ph.D.
Dr. Wish is a national leader in nonprofit organization management education.
I teach the department's required courses, "Introduction to the Nonprofit Sector" and "Leadership and Management of Nonprofit Organizations.
Last year, I began teaching a course comparing the relationship between governments and nonprofit organizations in the U.S. as well as other countries. It is fascinating how different this relationship is in various regions of the world.
One of my major interests is the Israel Study Tour, a 3-credit course in which I take students to Israel for two weeks to introduce them to many aspects of the nonprofit sector in Israel and the similarities and differences between the Israeli and American nonprofit sectors. While in Israel, we go down into the desert and visit Beduoins and other populations. We also spend quite a bit of time hearing lectures by both Jewish and Arab Israeli professors
- Ph.D., Rutgers University
- M.A., Rutgers, The State University
- B.S., Case Western University
- Former President of the Nonprofit Academic Council
- Publications in Public Administration Review, Nonprofit Management and Leadership, and other journals