Mona M. Sedrak, Ph.D., PA-C
Associate Professor and Senior Associate Dean for Academic Affairs, Division of Health Sciences
Physician Assistant Program
My main interests lie in helping students maximize their learning potential by refining study skills techniques!
I have been a Physician Assistant for almost 20 years and a PA educator for the last 10. I have practiced in a number of clinical settings over the years. I joined Seton Hall University in 2006 and currently teach in the Physician Assistant Program. I am an active speaker, researcher, and author. My areas of interest include curriculum development, assessment and design, web-based education, generational differences in the workplace, achievement goal motivation, and cultural diversity in medicine and education and study skills development. I serve on the editorial board of the Journal of Physician Assistant Education. Currently, I am contracted to write two textbooks for FA Davis, an internal medicine board review book/software and pharmacology textbook. Along with my colleague, Dr. Denise Rizzolo, also a PA program faculty member, I am conducting a study titled Characteristic Associated with Hepatic Steatosis (Fatty Liver) in Primary Care Patients.
- PhD, Walden University
- MS, AT Still University
- BS, University of Texas, Southwestern Medical Center-Dallas
- Provost's Faculty Scholarship Award. Journal Publication, Seton Hall University, 2008
- American Academy of Physician Assistants, Distinguished Fellow, 2009
- Alpha Eta, Seton Hall University, 2009
- Pi Alpha, Seton Hall University, 2007
- Physician Assistant Faculty of the Year, Kettering College of Medical Arts, 2001.
- Addressing generational Issues in healthcare organizations
ACHE Congress, Chicago,
- Age related conflicts; The generational divide
Health Progress, 29- 35,
- The millenials are here; What has your organization done to address the generational tensions?
ACHE Congress, Chicago,
- Surviving generational differences
Georgia Hospital Association, Atlanta,
- Managing the Adverse effects of Bishosphonate Theraphonthejaw
Journal of Amerian Academy of Physician Assistants (JAAPA), 22(11),
- Understanding the Link Between HPV and Oropharyngeal Cancers
Journal of African Academy of Physician Assistants, 22(10),
- Generational jeopardy
Garden State Focus, NJ Chapter Healthcare Financial Management Association, V 56,3,
- Oral Pathology
Clinician Reviews, 19(6), 26- 30,