Monsignor Ziccardi teaches New Testament courses and biblical languages. His special interest is Luke-Acts.
Monsignor C. Anthony Ziccardi is presently Seton Hall University’s Vice President for Mission and Ministry and the Secretary Designee to the Board of Regents. He assumed both responsibilities in October 2006.
He was born in Italy but grew up in New Jersey. Having graduated summa cum laude from Seton Hall with a B.A. in sociology and a Master of Divinity degree, he was ordained a priest of the Archdiocese of Newark in 1990. Subsequently, he received a licentiate degree in Sacred Scripture (S.S.L., magna cum laude) from the Pontifical Biblical Institute in Rome and a doctoral degree in biblical theology (S.T.D., summa cum laude) from the Pontifical Gregorian University, also in Rome.
As an academic, he has served as an assistant professor of biblical studies at Seton Hall’s Immaculate Conception Seminary School of Theology and as the school’s Associate Dean from 1998-2002. His doctoral dissertation was published as a book under the title of The Relationship of Jesus and the Kingdom of God in Luke-Acts, and his articles and book reviews have appeared in The Princeton Seminary Bulletin, Chicago Studies, and Homiletic and Pastoral Review.
As a priest, he has served as personal secretary to the Archbishop of Newark and as pro-rector of Sacred Heart Cathedral Basilica in Newark. Currently, he continues to serve as a Censor Librorum for the Archdiocese, and he offers his part-time pastoral services to the parishes of St. Francis in Ridgefield Park and St. Anne in Fair Lawn, New Jersey. He also serves as spiritual director for a number of seminarians at Immaculate Conception Seminary. He was named a Chaplain to His Holiness Benedict XVI in March 2009.
- S.T.D., Pontifical Gregorian University, Rome
- S.S.L., Pontifical Biblical Institute, Rome
- M.Div., School of Theology, Seton Hall
- l digiuno di Gesù all'Ultima Cena: Confronto con le tesi di J. Ratzinger e di J. Meier
Review of Il digiuno di Gesù all'Ultima Cena: Confronto con le tesi di J. Ratzinger e di J. Meier by Silvio Barbaglia. Review appeared in The Catholic Biblical Quarterly, 76.3 (July 2014): 542-543.,
- Acts: An Exegetical Commentary. Vol 1, Introduction and 1:1-2:47 (Review)
The Catholic Biblical Quarterly 76.2, 358-360,
- Prayer and Vindication in Luke-Acts (Review)
Biblica, 94, 135-138,
- The Relationship of Jesus and the Kingdom of God in Luke-Acts
Tesi Gregoriana, Serie Teologia, vol. 165. Rome: Editrice Pontificia Università Gregoriana,
- The Themes of the Passion in John's Gospel
Chicago Studies, 46(2), 249-260,
- Mary, Mother of Good Counsel: A Biblical Reflection
Homiletic and Pastoral Review, 106(10), 48-54,
- The Reading and Preaching of the Scriptures in the Worship of the Christian Church (Review)
The Princeton Seminary Bulletin, 21, 245-247,