Mary Ellen E. Roberts, D.N.P., R.N., A.P.N.C., F.A.A.N.P.
Assistant Professor - Graduate Dept.
Certified as an Adult and Acute Care Nurse Practitioner, with experience in a variety of settings.
Dr. Roberts' professional interests are in the care of Adult Cardiovascular patients. She has experience in critical in both the Intensive Care Unit and the Coronary Care Unit and extensive Emergency Department experience. She maintained a private cardiology practice for many years. Her enduring interest is the advancement of the nurse practitioner role in today's healthcare environment, encouraging and teaching nurse practitioners role development, advancement and the importance of staying politically active.
Primary research interests: Cardiovascular Disease, Role of the Nurse Practitioner, Lipids and Hypertension.
- D.N.P. University of Iowa
- M.S.N. Seton Hall University
- M.A. Seton Hall University
- B.S.N. College of Saint Elizabeth
- Fellow of American Academy of Nurse Practitioners.
- Past President of American Academy of Nurse Practitioners.
- Trustee, American Academy of Nurse Practitioners PAC.
- Catherine Denning Medal, Seton Hall University.
- Sigma Theta Tau, Gamma Nu Clinical Practice Award.
- Sigma Theta Tau International Honor Society of Nursing Mu Theta,Gamma Nu and Gamma Chapters.
- NJ State Award for Excellence Nurse Practitioner of the Year, AANP.
- Patient Adherence: Identifying Barriers and Defining Solutions
American Journal of Pharmacy Benefits,
- Managing Peripheral Edema in Patients with Arterial Hypertension
American Journal of Therapeutics, 16(6), 543- 553,
- Optimizing Management of Hypertension with Combination Therapy: Considerations for the Nurse Practitioner
Journal Of Cardiovascular Nursing, 24(5), 380- 389,
- The Importance of Managing Cardiovascular Risk in the Treatment of Hypertension:the Role of ACE Inhibitors and ARBs
Journal of the American Academy of Nurse Practitioners, 20, 529- 538,