Susan B. Darby, M.S.N., R.N.
Assistant Professor - Undergraduate Dept.
Professor Darby has an interest in Maternal-child Nursing and Culture and Health.
Professor Darby has her Certification as a Lamaze Childbirth Educator, Inpatient Obstetrics and in Electronic Fetal Monitoring. Her clinical specialty is in maternal newborn nursing, and her research interest is in Culture and Health. Professor Darby earned her Master of Science in Adult Health Nursing from Syracuse University and is currently pursuing her Ph.D. in nursing education at Capella University.
- M.S.N. Syracuse University; Adult Health Nursing
- B.S.N. Lycoming College
- Army Commendation Medal for Superior Job Performance.
- National Defense Service Medal for military service during the Persian Gulf War.
- Army Service Ribbon Recipient.
- Army Superior Unit Award as an Army Nurse.
- Inducted into Phi Kappa Phi, Golden Key Honor Society and the National Scholars Honor Society as a Ph.D. student.
- Certified in Lamaze, Inpatient Obstetrics, and Electronic Fetal Monitoring.
- Member of the Association of Women's Health Obstetric and Neonatal Nurses (AWHONN).
- Member of Lamaze International.
- Member of Sigma Theta Tau, International Honor Society of Nursing, Gamma Nu Chapter.