George E. Faithful III, Ph.D.
Post-Doctoral Teaching Fellow
Dr. Faithful is a theologian, historian, religious studies scholar and educator.
Teaching undergraduates is my primary pursuit at present. My recent research has included the analysis of a Protestant sisterhood in post-World War II Germany. The members of the Ecumenical Sisterhood of Mary attempted to repent for their nation's sins in the Holocaust. Their work, in Germany and elsewhere, both through print media and the arts, revealed the complexities inherent in all post-war reconciliation efforts.
- Ph.D., Saint Louis University
- M.Div., Covenant Theological Seminary
- B.A., Wake Forest University
- Graduate Diversity Fellowship, Saint Louis University
- Comprehensive Doctoral Examination, Passed with Distinction, Saint Louis University
- Jesuit Language Immersion Scholarship, Saint Louis University
- Second Place Award, Excellence in the Humanities, Graduate Research Symposium, Saint Louis University
- Edward L. and Rhelda Marbry Morgan, Ph.D., Book Scholarship, Saint Louis University
- Campus Leadership Scholarship, Covenant Theological Seminary