Dr. Hennessy teaches courses in Comparative Politics, Research Methods and European Politics.
Alexandra Hennessy is an Assistant Professor in the Department of Political Science and Public Affairs at Seton Hall University. Her research focuses on European Union politics, German and British politics, pension policies and financial market regulations. Dr. Hennessy received her Ph.D. in Political Science from Boston University in 2008. Her dissertation won the best dissertation award from the European Union Studies Association. Her articles have appeared in the Journal of Public Policy, the Journal of European Integration and the British Journal of Politics and International Relations.
- Ph.D., Boston University
- M.A., Humboldt Universitaet, Berlin, Germany
- 2011, Thyssen foundation research grant, €5,800
- 2009, Winner of the best dissertation award, European Union Studies Association
- 2009, Honorable mention, best paper award, European Union Studies Association
- 2007-2008 Fellowship, Skalny Center, University of Rochester
- 2001-2005 Presidential University Graduate Fellowship, Boston University