I am a regular contributor to medical journals, publishing with both students and colleagues.
I have been on faculty in the PA program at SHU for seven years teaching primarily Research Methods 1 and 2, Healthcare Maintenance Education and Epidemiology. Over the past twelve years I have been actively practicing medicine in urgent and family care along with internal medicine.
My research focus is on the effects of stress on students and I have presented my results on stress management strategies on both a local and national level. For the past 3 years the PA student research projects that I have guided have been presented at the American Academy Physician Assistant(AAPA) poster presentation. Additionally, I run an out reach program for inner city children. I take our PA students to various grammar schools and we discuss the importance of good oral hygiene and we also hold programs on the consequences of obesity and how to develop good nutritional and exercise habits.
Over the past five years I have regularly contributed articles to various medical journals including the Journal of the American Academy of Physician Assistants (JAAPA), Clinician Reviews, and the Journal of Family Medicine; writing and publishing with both faculty members and PA students. Further, I am a reviewer for JAAPA, Clinician Reviews, Physician Assistant Advance and Jones and Bartlett Publishing. Currently, I am an active member of the AAPA and I have served on the New Jersey House of Delegates at the AAPA Conference. I have lectured at the national AAPA conference for the past 3 years and at the Physician Assistant Education Program(PAEA) as well. I am also a member of AAPA Awards Committee.
- Ph.D., Seton Hall University
- M.S., University of Medicine and Dentistry / Seton Hall University Physician Assistant Program
- B.S., Rutgers University
- Seton Hall University, Research of the Year Award, 2011
- Provost Faculty Scholarship Award: Hereditary hemochromatosis: Iron overload as an indicator of disease, 2008
- Provost Faculty Scholarship Award: Osteoporosis in men: How to treat this condition in the atypical patient, 2008
- Provost Faculty Scholarship Award: Oral Cancer: How to find a hidden killer in 2 minutes, 2007
- Alpha Eta Society, 2008
- American Academy of Physician Assistants Award Committee, 2009 to present
- When a patient asks: Is caffeine safe in pregnancy?
Journal of the American Academy of Physician Assistants, 25(5), 69-70,
- Childhood obesity: Complications, prevention strategies and treatment-Part
Journal of the American Academy of Physician Assistants, 24(12), 58-64,
- Childhood Obesity: Understanding the causes beginning the discussion: Part 1
Journal of the American Academy of Physician Assistants, 24(12), 30-34,
- Evaluation of the vertiginous patient: A complex complaint made simple
Journal of the American Academy of Physician Assistants, 24(10), 52-58,
- Managing the Adverse effects of Bishosphonate Theraphonthejaw
Journal of Amerian Academy of Physician Assistants (JAAPA), 22(11),
- Understanding the Link Between HPV and Oropharyngeal Cancers
Journal of African Academy of Physician Assistants, 22(10),
- Oral Pathology
Clinician Reviews, 19(6), 26- 30,