Patricia E. Ropis, M.S.N., R.N.
Instructor - Undergraduate Dept.
Patricia's areas of expertise include Med/Surg Nursing, Orthopedics, Intensive Care and Home Care and Hospice Nursing.
Patricia has been teaching at Seton Hall since 2004. Previous to that time, she has worked full-time as Staff Nurse, Manager and Nursing Supervisor. Her areas of expertise include the following: Med/Surg Nursing, Orthopedics, Intensive Care and Home Care and Hospice Nursing. Her research has focused on job stress and her recent publication, Job Stress and general well-being: A comparative study of Medical Surgical Nurses and Home Care Nurses is published in MedSurg Nursing, 14.
Patricia's interests include: the use of alternative therapies in nursing practice, the impact of the environment on health, care for the dying, and Transcultural Nursing.
- M.S.N. Kean University; Nursing Administration
- B.S.N. Seton Hall University
- Alternative-Complimentary Therapy Certificate, Rutgers, the State University of New Jersey.
- Post-Masters Nursing Education Certificate, Rutgers, the State University of New Jersey.
- Medical/Surgical Nursing Certification, American Nurses Credentialing Center.
- Research Award Recipient, Kean University.
- Member of Sigma Theta Tau International Honor Society of Nursing.
- Clinical Nurse Leader Certification, Commission on Nurse Certification.