Petersen's research interest is on horizontal violence in the profession of nursing.
I have been at Seton Hall University in the College of Nursing since 2005. I teach introductory nursing courses and pediatric clinical. In addition to my teaching duties I have served as Co-Director and interim director of our RN to BSN/ MSN program and have also served the college through recruitment efforts. I have also served as Faculty Senator representing the College of Nursing and both member and chair of the Faculty Senate Committee on Admissions. I am nationally certified as a pediatric nurse practitioner through the Pediatric Nurse Certification Board and as a clinical nurse leader through the American Nurses Credentialing Center.
My research interest is horizontal violence in the profession of nursing with emphasis on socialization of nurses into the profession. I have presented nationally on this topic and will be continuing research in this area for my dissertation as doctoral student in the PhD in Health Sciences Leadership, School of Health and Medical Science, Seton Hall University.
- MSN- Seton Hall University
- BSN- Seton Hall University
- AAS- Raritan Valley Community College
Conferences, Research, Grants
- 2009 - Center for American Nurses LEAD Summit, Orlando, Florida Poster Presentation: Organizational Culture and Horizontal Violence in the Profession of Nursing
- 2007 - Seton Hall University - Center for Community Research and Engagement Funded Research ($3000) Adolescent View of Sexual Health - A Qualitative Study through Community Partnership
- 2007 - Poster Presentation - New York University Hospitals Center Department of Nursing 11th Annual Research and Evidence-Based Nursing Practice Conference Adolescent View of Sexual Health - A Community Based Qualitative Study
- 2007 - 2010 - Item Writer - Pediatric Nurse Certification Board - Certified Pediatric Nurse Practitioner National Exam - Primary Care
- 2007 -2010 - Item Writer - Pediatric Nurse Certification Board - Certified Pediatric Nurse Exam
- 2005 Kids into Health Careers Webpage of Seton Hall University College of Nursing
- 2005 - Student Pediatric Nurse Practitioner Award - Seton Hall University
- 2004 - Graduate Student Experiential Education Award, Seton Hall University
- 2005 - Amy York Scholarship
- 2003 - 2005 - Graduate Assistantship, Seton Hall University
- 2008 - 2010 - Advisory Board Member - Project “YES, you can!” Federally Funded Community-Based Abstinence Education Program in Essex County, NJ
- 2003 - Inducted as Member - Sigma Theta Tau International Honor Society of Nursing, Gamma Nu Chapter
- 2008 -2009 - President, Gamma Nu Chapter, Sigma Theta Tau International Honor Society of Nursing
- 2004 - 2008 - Corresponding Secretary, Gamma Nu Chapter, Sigma Theta Tau International Honor Society of Nursing
- 2003 - Present - Member, New Jersey State Nurses Association
- 2009 - 2010 - New Jersey State Nurses Association Board Member - Nominations and Elections
- 2003 - Present - Member, American Nurses Association