Mary E. Fortier, Ed.D., M.A., R.N., C.N.L.
Assistant Professor - Undergraduate Dept.
Primary focus: preparing future professional R.N.'s who will be competent critical thinkers, leaders in a global setting
Dr. Fortier has 30 plus years of nursing at the bedside, in administration, and in education. She brings this experience to life in the classroom for her students. As an educator, she is focused on student success; assisting her students in identifying their learning styles, encouraging open communication, as well as peer support. She has presented internationally in Australia and in Prague, Czech Republic at the STTI, and in Miami, in addition to presentations done at the national and local levels. She is the author of numerous articles and serves as a manuscript reviewer for various nursing journals. Dr. Fortier is also a 2013 NLN New Jersey League for Nursing, Nurse Recognition Award Winner.
- Ed.D. Seton Hall University; Higher Education, Leadership and Management
- M.A. New York University; Nursing Education
- B.S.N. City College of New York
- Nurse Recognition Award, New Jersey League for Nursing, 2013.
- Peer Reviewer for Nurse Education in Practice and American Nurse Today.
- Item writer for C.N.L. exam.
- Clinical Nurse Leader Certification, 2009.
- Member of Sigma Theta Tau International Honor Society of Nursing.
- Member of American Nurses Association.
- Presenter at international presentations in Prague, Australia and Miami, as well as nationally and locally.