Josephine M. DeVito, Ph.D., R.N.
Associate Professor - Undergraduate Dept.
Dr. DeVito specializes in Maternal Child Nursing with a research focus on Adolescent Parenting.
Dr. DeVito began her nursing education at Seton Hall University College of Nursing and received her B.S.N. and M.S.N. degree at the university. Before and during her doctoral studies at NYU, she taught in the College of Nursing OB theory, Nursing Research, Core 3 and various other courses on the undergraduate level. Dr. DeVito also has a certificate in school nursing and taught in the school nursing program.
She is involved with doctoral students and has served as a chair and committee member on doctoral candidacy and proposal committees. She is a member of the Faculty Senate and has worked on various university and College of Nursing committees.
Dr. DeVito is a charter member of the Gamma Nu Chapter (SHU) of Sigma Theta Tau International Nursing Honor Society, and has held various positions including President, Chair of Research Day and is a delegate to the international chapter. She is a member of NLN, NJSNA, NASN, ENRS and AWOHNN.
- Ph.D. New York University
- M.S.N. Seton Hall University
- B.S.N. Seton Hall University
- URC Grant for Research Seton Hall University, 2007.
- Cambridge Who's Who Registry of Executives and Professionals, 2005-Present.
- Pauline Greenidge Research Scholarship, New York University College of Nursing, 2003.
- Professional Promise Award in Nursing, Seton Hall University College of Nursing, Nursing Alumni, 1978.
- Charter Member, Gamma Nu Chapter, Sigma Theta Tau International Nursing Honor Society, 1978.