Colleen Carrington, M.S.N., R.N., C.P.N.P., I.B.C.L.C.
Instructor - Undergraduate Dept.
Colleen specializes in Pediatric Nursing and Maternity/Newborn issues.
Colleen has been a nurse, working in the clinical setting for the past 36 years. She has recently been given a most blessed opportunity to teach nursing students at the undergraduate level. Colleen specialized in both Maternity/Newborn and Pediatric Nursing. She is a Certified Pediatric Nurse Practitioner, as well as an International Board Certified Lactation Consultant.
Colleen has begun working towards her Doctorate, focusing on the Doctorate of Nursing Practice.
Colleen was "called" to nursing at a young age, and she never doubted her decision to be a nurse. Every moment has been fulfilling, surpassing her greatest expectations. Nursing is a continual, life long learning process.
Colleen is presently teaching Health Assessment, Introduction to Nursing, and instructing students in the clinical setting for their Pediatric Clinical Rotation.
- M.S.N. Seton Hall University; Pediatric Nurse Practitioner
- B.S.N. Seton Hall University
- A.A.S. Felician College
- Seton Hall University graduate, with high honors.
- Excellence in Nursing Award, St. Barnabas Medical Center.
- Participant in initiation of the Baby Friendly Hospital Initiative, St. Barnabas Medical Center. (Will involve major policy changes and revisions pertaining to the care of the newborn in the postpartum setting, emphasizing breast feeding promotion and support.)
- Presented a seminar to the nursing staff of St. Barnabas Medical Center On "Birth Skin to Skin Contact."
- Involved in beginning a new and unique program to develop the student nurse as a servant leader.