Dr. Byrnes' doctoral project implemented a mHealth program serving homeless young mothers and infants.
Dr. Byrnes is nationally credentialed as a Certified Nurse Midwife through the American College of Nurse Midwives and the American Midwifery Certification Board. She has received Advanced Practice Nursing awards for clinical excellence and has special interest in the delivery of women's healthcare to underserved populations. Her publications and presentations focus on Servant Leadership, mHealth within homeless populations of young mothers, Quality and Safety Education for Nurses, interdisciplinary simulation education and historic aspects of nurse midwifery.
- D.N.P., Seton Hall University
- M.S.N., Columbia University, Nurse Midwifery
- B.S.N., Long Island University, magna cum laude
- A.A.S., Essex County College
- Elizabeth Ann Seton Young Alumni Award, Seton Hall University, College of Nursing, 2014
- Catherine Denning Award, Seton Hall University, College of Nursing, 2014
- President's Faculty Award for Student Service, Seton Hall University, 2012
- Lester Z. Lieberman Humanism in Healthcare Award, The Healthcare Foundation of New Jersey, 2011