I have been teaching at Seton Hall University since 1992. My primary area of interest is in portfolio analysis.
I have been teaching at Seton Hall University since 1992. My primary area of interest is in portfolio analysis. I teach mostly at the MBA level. I have been formally recognized for outstanding teaching and research. I currently serve as department chair, a position I held from 2000 through 2008, and have served as Director of the Center for Securities Trading and Analysis.
My research interests include portfolio analysis and performance, financial market behavior, corporate governance, and financial education.Courses at Seton Hall
Financial and Economic Analysis (BMBA 9113)
Portfolio Analysis (BFIN 7230)
- Ph.D., West Virginia University
- M.A., West Virginia University
- B.A., University of Southern Indiana
- Stillman School Teaching awards: 1999-2011
- Stillman School Research awards: 2002, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2008, 2009, 2011
- University Award for Outstanding Service to Students, 2004
- First place, Investment Research Challenge, New York Society for Security Analysts, 2007
- An Examination of Hedge Fund Survivorship Bias and Attrition Before and During the Global Financial Crisis
The Journal of Alternative Investments, 13(4), 40- 52,
- Team of Rivals: Can Corporate America and Academia Reconcile Their Worldviews and Work Together?
The Journal of The New York Society of Security Analysts: The Investment Professional, 2(4), 79-83,
- The Performances of MBS Hedge Funds and Mutual Funds: A Puzzle
Journal of Investment Management, 6(4), 59- 89,
- Currency Derivatives and Emerging Market Currencies: Strategies and Perspectives (Book Chapter)
In H.G. Fung, X. E. Xu and J. Yau, (Eds.), "Advances in International Investments: Traditional and Alternative Approaches," World Scientific Publishing, 259- 288,
- In Search of Information Content: Portfolio Performance of The 100 Best Stocks to Own in America
Financial Services Review 14, 97- 109. (Cited as recommended reading in the CFA Digest),
- Investing Made Simple
New York: Random House Core Collections (A division of Random House),