I am directly responsible for the daily operation and management of our graduate entry level athletic training program.
I have an enduring passion for the profession of athletic training having practiced as an athletic trainer (AT) in diverse settings for nearly 30 years. For over twenty-four years I have been employed by Seton Hall University. Prior to the year 2000, I worked as an AT in the Department of Athletics and Recreational Services. I also served as head athletic trainer and assistant director of athletics for medical services.
In 2000, I accepted a full-time faculty position with the School of Health and Medical Sciences. In my current position, Chair of the Department of Athletic Training, I am a strong advocate for my students and provide guidance and direction for them to achieve success. Ultimately it is my responsibility to prepare students professionally and help them become successful in their pursuit to practice as an athletic trainer.
My professional research interest is in the area of student values development and their relationship to core values of the profession.
- M.A., Western Michigan University
- B.S., Rutgers University
- Alpha Eta National Scholastic Honor Society, Seton Hall University (2004)
- Staff Officer of U.S. Coast Guard Auxillary (2009)
- Athletic Council Member 2006-2010.
- Chair of Academic Advisory Board, Department of Athletic Training (2000-present).
- Clinical Education Advisory Board Member (2000-present)
- Achieved maximum accreditation (ten years) for academic years 2009-2019 from The Commission on Accreditation of Athletic Training Education (CAATE) while serving as Chair of the Athletic Training Department in the School of Health and Medical Sciences.