I am directly responsible for the daily operation and management of our graduate entry level athletic training program.
I have an enduring passion for the profession of athletic training having practiced as an athletic trainer (AT) in diverse settings for nearly 30 years. For over 24 years I have been employed by Seton Hall University. Prior to the year 2000, I worked as an AT in the Department of Athletics and Recreational Services. I also served as head athletic trainer and assistant director of athletics for medical services.
In 2000, I accepted a full-time faculty position with the School of Health and Medical Sciences. As Department Chair through June 2015, I have been a strong advocate for my students and provided guidance and direction for them to achieve success. I take pride in helping to prepare our students professionally and help them become successful in their pursuit to practice as an athletic trainer.
My professional research interest is in the area of student values development and their relationship to core values of the profession.
- M.A., Western Michigan University
- B.S., Rutgers University
- Alpha Eta National Scholastic Honor Society, Seton Hall University (2004)
- Staff Officer of U.S. Coast Guard Auxillary (2009)
- Athletic Council Member 2006-2010.
- Chair of Academic Advisory Board, Department of Athletic Training (2000-present).
- Clinical Education Advisory Board Member (2000-present)
- Achieved maximum accreditation (ten years) for academic years 2009-2019 from The Commission on Accreditation of Athletic Training Education (CAATE) while serving as Chair of the Athletic Training Department in the School of Health and Medical Sciences.