Mona M. Sedrak, Ph.D., PA-C
Associate Professor and Associate Dean, Division of Health Sciences
My main interests lie in helping students maximize their learning potential by refining study skills techniques!
I have been a Physician Assistant for almost 20 years and a PA educator for the last 10. I have practiced in a number of clinical settings over the years. I joined Seton Hall University in 2006 and currently teach in the Physician Assistant Program. I am an active speaker, researcher, and author. My areas of interest include curriculum development, assessment and design, web-based education, generational differences in the workplace, achievement goal motivation, and cultural diversity in medicine and education and study skills development. I serve on the editorial board of the Journal of Physician Assistant Education. Currently, I am contracted to write two textbooks for FA Davis, an internal medicine board review book/software and pharmacology textbook. Along with my colleague, Dr. Denise Rizzolo, also a PA program faculty member, I am conducting a study titled Characteristic Associated with Hepatic Steatosis (Fatty Liver) in Primary Care Patients.
- PhD, Walden University
- MS, AT Still University
- BS, University of Texas, Southwestern Medical Center-Dallas
- Provost's Faculty Scholarship Award. Journal Publication, Seton Hall University, 2008
- American Academy of Physician Assistants, Distinguished Fellow, 2009
- Alpha Eta, Seton Hall University, 2009
- Pi Alpha, Seton Hall University, 2007
- Physician Assistant Faculty of the Year, Kettering College of Medical Arts, 2001.
- Addressing generational Issues in healthcare organizations
ACHE Congress, Chicago,
- Age related conflicts; The generational divide
Health Progress, 29- 35,
- The millenials are here; What has your organization done to address the generational tensions?
ACHE Congress, Chicago,
- Surviving generational differences
Georgia Hospital Association, Atlanta,
- Managing the Adverse effects of Bishosphonate Theraphonthejaw
Journal of Amerian Academy of Physician Assistants (JAAPA), 22(11),
- Understanding the Link Between HPV and Oropharyngeal Cancers
Journal of African Academy of Physician Assistants, 22(10),
- Generational jeopardy
Garden State Focus, NJ Chapter Healthcare Financial Management Association, V 56,3,
- Oral Pathology
Clinician Reviews, 19(6), 26- 30,