Nicholas H. Snow, Ph.D.
Dr. Snow is interested in solving tough analytical problems using gas chromatography and mass spectrometry.
I am interested in the fundamentals and applications of separation science, especially gas chromatography, sampling and sample preparation for chemical analysis. My research group is very active, with ongoing projects using gas chromatography, gas chromatography-mass spectrometry, two dimensional gas chromatography, and extraction methods including headspace, liquid-liquid extraction and solid phase micro-extraction. We are especially interested in trace analysis of drugs and pharmaceuticals in a variety of sample matrices including biological fluids, pharmaceutical formulations, and the environment. We are especially interested in extending the boundaries of existing analytical techniques to lower detection limits and wider ranges of application.
- Ph.D., Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University
- B.S., University of Virginia
- Simultaneous determination of pramoxine HCI and benzalkonium chloride in wound solutions by HPLC
Analytical Methods, 2, 722- 727,
- Novel Techniques for Enhancing Sensitivity in Static Headspace
Journal of Chromatograpy A, 1217(16), 2726- 2735,
- Multiple Dimensions of Separations: Combining SPME with GCxGC and GCxGC-TOF-MS
LCGC North America, 28(2),
- Analysis of Pharmaceutical Residual Solvents Using Comprehensive Two-dimensional Gas Chromatography
LCGC North America, 26(1), 1- 6,
- HPLC with Charged Aerosol Detection for Pharmaceutical Cleaning Validation
LCGC North America, 25(9), 960- 968,
- Biological, Clinical and forensic Analysis Using Comprehensive Two-dimensional Gas Chromatography (Book Chapter)
In N. Grinberg & E. Grushka (Eds.), "Advances in Chromatography v. 45," Cleveland: CRC Press, 215- 243,
- Adsorption Behavior of Hexafluorophospahte on Selected Bonded Phases
Journal of Chromatography A, 1119, 43- 50,
- Stir-bar Sorptive Extraction and Thermal Desorption Ion Mobility Spectrometry (SBSE-IMS) for the Determination of TNT and RDX in Water Samples
Journal of Chromatography A, 1103, 33- 38,
- Determination of Parabens using Solid Phase Micro-extraction-Ion Mobility Spectrometry (SPME-IMS)
Analytical Chemistry, 77, 5938- 5946,