I hope I am regarded as a fair, responsive, and responsible human being. I love being a social worker and a professor.
My professional interests are generalist social work, however most of my scholarly publications, presentations, national professional papers and research relate to social policy analysis; in particular issues that pertain to social justice. Ok to email me for a detailed list of publications, professional papers and practice experience. I am currently working on a book to be titled Public Policy Analysis for Social Workers. Member, editorial board, The Public Manager. Have served on the editorial board for The Social Service Review and was co-editor of the Adult Residential Care Journal. I am also interested in higher education policy and have served as a member of The College of Arts and Sciences Educational Policy Committee for fifteen years.
Thank you for reading this. I encourage anyone to contact me about social work and social work education at Seton Hall University.
- Ph.D., (social work) Rutgers University
- M.S.W., New York University
- M.A., Jersey City State College
- Recipient, Seton Hall University President's Award for Student Service.
- Co-recipient of the National Association of Social Workers-NJ Trailblazer Award.
- Recipient of American Academy of Certified Public Managers - Public Manager of the Year (the only academic to ever receive this award).
- Henry Browne Award as Teacher of the Year, Rutgers University, Newark (before starting at Seton Hall in 1989).
- After approval by the New Jersey Senate and Assembly, signed by then Governor Corzine, named to Project Safe Haven, an effort to save babies and children who's parents might otherwise abandon them at birth.
- Member, National Association of Social Workers-NJ Committee on Diversity and Social Justice.
- Former member of the National Association of Social Workers-NJ Executive Board (secretary)
- Member, Academy of Certified Social Workers.
- Member, Academy of Certified Public Managers.
- Licensed Clinical Social Worker, State of New Jersey.
- Certified Social Worker, State of New Jersey.
- Licensed School Social Worker, State of New Jersey.
- Certified Public Manager, State of New Jersey.
- Former President of the New Jersey Baccalaureate Social Work Association.
- Former President of the New Jersey Certified Public Manager Society (twice).
- Award from State of New Jersey for 25 years of government management consultations.