Admissions Criteria and Prerequisites
- Graduation from a NLNAC or CCNE accredited Master’s nursing program with a cumulative 3.0 GPA on a 4.0 scale
- Satisfactory Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) score if native language is not English
- GRE Scores taken within the past 5 years
- $75 Application fee
How do I Apply?
Applicants should visit this page
to learn more about the application process.
Please mail all required supporting material to:Application Deadlines
Office of Graduate Admissions
President's Hall, 3rd Floor
Seton Hall University
400 South Orange Avenue
South Orange, NJ 07079
The Ph.D. program only admits new students in the fall. The preferred application deadline is
April 15. When will you make a decision on my application?
Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis once all the required documentation is received. Please contact Sharon Venino to check the status of your application at email@example.com.
Additional Required Documents
- Personal statement (submit electronically with application): Explain how a program of doctoral study will help you achieve your personal and professional goals.
- Scholarly or scientific writing written within past 5 years.
- Two letters of recommendation from instructors, supervisors or professional colleagues- one doctorally-prepared (preferably Ph.D.) and one must at least be Master's-prepared (MSN)- who are qualified to evaluate your professional nursing experience, academic competence and potential to undertake a doctoral degree.
- Official transcripts covering all academic work completed to date.
- Proof of current licensure as a registered nurse.