April 1 for the fall semester
October 1 for the spring semester
- Graduate of an ACEN or CCNE-accredited baccalaureate or master’s program
- Minimum GPA of 3.0.
- Satisfactory scores on the Graduate Record Exam taken within the past 5 years (may
be waived for applicants with a master’s degree who have a GPA of 3.5 or higher).
- Official transcripts from all post-secondary colleges and schools attended. Transcripts
from institutions not accredited in the United States or Canada must also be evaluated,
course-by-course, by an organization that is a member of the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services or by the American Association of Collegiate Registrars and Admissions Officers.
- Documentation of professional nursing licensure within the United States.
- Personal statement outlining career goals and objectives, career progress and area of
interest for scholarly project.
- Portfolio - examples of scholarly work and achievements.
- Résumé or curriculum vitae.
- Two letters of recommendation from nurses (one doctorally-prepared, preferably D.N.P., and
one minimally master’s-prepared). Professional – One letter should be from a supervisor
or someone who can comment on your professional nursing skills. Academic – If you
have been out of school for an extended length of time, then two professional letters may
- Satisfactory Test of English as a Foreign Language scores for applicants whose native
language is not English. Applicants with a degree from a U.S.-accredited college or
university are exempt.
- $75 Application Fee.
- Selected candidates will be invited for personal interview.
Must be completed prior to the first graduate course in nursing and will not be credited
toward graduate nursing degree at Seton Hall University:
- Nursing Research
- Basic Physical Assessment Nurse practitioner students must complete no more
than three years prior to enrolling in Practicum I. If it has been more than 3 years since an undergraduate nursing health assessment course has been taken, applicants should complete a continuing education health assessment course with a hands-on practice component.